Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm Destined for Glory Because of That Tree





Lift the Cross of Jesus!


“Creator of Heaven and Earth, and the hero of our hearts, Jesus Christ.  Oh, how He loves  us! Come quickly, Lord Jesus!  

 The Spiritand the Bride say,‘Come.’

      

 "The 'me' that you see
  Is not what will be
I’m destined for glory
Because of that tree.

My body perfected,
My face full of light,
Dressed in His glory,
Oh, wonderful sight!

O heart, dark and fearful
Consider that tree
Its message its power
But don’t look at me!

For I shall be changed
When my soul leaves this earth
To join heaven’s family,
A glorious re-birth.

O, Look to the cross!
See your sins nailed up there.
Deprived of their power,
Deprived of their snare.


There you are pardoned,
Your sins thrown away.
Your enemies vanquished,
Disarmed, and dismayed!

My Lord, in his triumph,
His blood, and His name
Finished my faith
Despising the shame.

Enduring the cross
For sinners like me,
Surrounded by mockers
And hostility.

The voice of the wicked
Cried out for His pain,
Refused to be quiet
Until He was slain.

And when others scatter
Or hide in their fear
I pray now for courage
To ever stay near

The cross, for its power
Forever will be
Messiah who suffered
Obediently.

Jesus, my Savior,
I pledge allegiance to the cross . . .
My love and my friend,
I pledge my allegiance
To You to the end.

We'll join as one nation
In anticipation
With all of creation,
A glorious rebirth.

Descending that hour
Jerusalem's flower
Messiah in power
Will reign on the earth.

Though wars rage about me
Wherever I am
I will overcome
By the blood of the Lamb

And my testimony
Forever will be
That I am for Jesus
And HE is for ME.

WordPress.com  by by Hope Flinchbaugh  Sept. 6/11

The following is from "Devotions for MORNING and EVENING with Oswald Chambers"

Gal. 2:20  “I am crucified with Christ.”
  “The evidence that I have accepted the Cross of Christ as the revelation of Redemption is that the regenerating life of God is manifested in my mortal flesh.

   Immediately I accept the Cross of Christ as the revelation of Redemption I am not, I must not be, the same man, I must be another man, and I must take up my cross from my Lord. 

  The cross is the gift of Jesus to his disciples and it can only bear one aspect: "I am not my own."

  The whole attitude of the life is that I have given up my right to myself.

  I live like a crucified man. Unless that crisis is reached it is perilously possible for my religious life to end as a sentimental fiasco.

 ‘I don’t mind being saved from hell and receiving the Holy Spirit, but it is to much to expect me to give up my right to myself to Jesus Christ, to give up my manhood, my womanhood, all my ambitions.’

 Jesus said, If any will be my disciple, those are the conditions. It is that kind of thing that offended the historic disciples, and it will offend you and me. 

 It is a slander to the Cross of Christ to say we believe in Jesus and please ourselves all the time, choosing our own way.”  (pg 521)



No comments:

Post a Comment