Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Wonder Why: Prayer Note # 2

     “Do my prayers really matter all that much? Isn’t God going to do what He wants anyway? Most people, even if only subconsciously, believe just that. The proof is in their prayer life, or lack thereof.

     Can my prayers actually change things? Does God need me to pray or does He just want me to pray? Some would argue an omnipotent God doesn’t ‘need’ anything, including our prayers.

     Can God’s will on earth be frustrated or not accomplished if I don’t pray? Many would brand me a heretic for even raising the question. But these and other questions deserve answers. I’ve discovered that understanding the why of doing something can be a great motivating force. The opposite is also true.”      

 As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.”
 Ps. 18:30 NKJV

Prayer Note- #2- I Wonder Why - taken from Dutch Sheets’ book, Intercessory Prayer for 1/5/11, from pg 22

jowildflowers@gmail.com    jean-oathout.blogspot.com   (Please check out my blog. There are 100+ posts to choose from)

Next Prayer Note Jan. 10th-   I Need to Know


No comments:

Post a Comment