Saturday, October 16, 2021

Becoming an Instrument of Revival- Part 1

 

   Brian Edwards- 1. RESOLVED: To experience revival before proclaiming revival. Revival begins with men who have a deep firm, and live-changing experience of God.

MY HEART-CRY: Lord, by Your grace, I will consistently take time to "wait" on You, until I have a fresh encounter with You. (Google image, Man in blue-check shirt praying)

2. RESOLVED: To ensure God gets the glory for anything He does through me. The men used in revival were always concerned that God should have the glory for anything He chose to do through them. Could God trust me with revival? Could He trust me not to steal any of the glory for myself?

MY HEART-CRY: Lord Jesus, I will be intentional about drawing attention to You, and I will refuse to accept credit for anything You do by way of revival in and through me.

3. RESOLVED: To cultivate my passion for holiness and godly living so that God can use me for His purposes. The men God has used in revival are men whose experience of God has led them into a passionate desire to be holy.

MY HEART-CRY:  Oh God, I will daily ask You to reveal any unknown sin to me and immediately confess it with a heart attitude of repentance, and take whatever action is necessary to overcome it.

4. RESOLVE: To be fully and wholly surrendered to the Lord without reservation. Deep down, are there any reservations in my surrender to God? Do I love Him more than I dislike anything He might ask of me?

MY HEART-CRY: Dear Master and Lord, by Your enabling grace, I will daily commit to not count my life as my own, but wholly Yours, and declare each day, "Lord, here am I, send me."

5. RESOLVED: To be diligent in making application of the Word to my life each day as I study and meditate on it. The leaders in revival are men who are obedient to the Word of God. All who have been used of God in revival were diligent in the study of Scripture and the application of the Scripture to their lives.

MY HEART- CRY: Oh, Author of the Eternal Word, I resolve to not begin a single day without first reading and meditating upon Your Holy Scripture and asking You to make it real in my life.

First Key 5 statements are adapted from Brian Edwards' article, "The Men God Uses, appearing in Life Action Ministries' Spirit of Revival magazine. Second 5 will be in Part 2 on October 23rd.


Let's pray-

   Father, as it is important for us to align our thoughts, desires and plans with Yours, we ask for Your help in learning how to bring a revival in our area. It's Your desire for us to be revived, as many of us have not had the right heart attitude of repentance towards our sins.

   These five resolutions, (of ten), and the heart cries, are being inspired by Your Spirit, as You long to bring a revival among us! May we read these words with a humility and deep desire to obey what it is You're telling us is important and necessary for the revival we seek.

   We pray this in the name of Jesus. May He get the glory for all You will be accomplishing in and through us. Amen.


Christmas sale on Godly Inspirations  check on the particulars here! 20 pages with Scripture in 2 versions, a photo of one of my crafts and comments to encourage the reader. I have 60 copies, so order soon!


556-600- one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 

556- Ps. 88:2 "Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry."

557- Ps. 50:5 "Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice."

558- Ps. 46:2 "Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea."

559- Ps. 123:1 "Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens."

560- Is. 1:16 "Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil."


Quote for today-

   Mary Southerland- "The success of emotional integrity lies in the one who holds the reins. We must constantly choose to surrender every emotion to the supernatural control of God because when we do, the Holy Spirit empowers that choice, produces control, and transforms emotional bondage into emotional freedom. Learning to control anger is a crucial life lesson and one that we need to master."


Words of wisdom-

     We're all building something with our lives, and as individuals we're to bring glory to Jesus through our work, in our homes and in our gatherings as believers. Dedicated commitment is all important, as consistent involvement will bring stability and a good foundation for our efforts to further Christ's kingdom. Through the hands of many, our local witness will be strengthened.

 Dr. Wesley L. Duewel-  "An effective prayer life is one of the most important qualifications for any missionary, pastor, or evangelist in front-line missionary endeavor. But your intercessory prayer supporting their work is their greatest need."





Upcoming posts:

#11 Asking for Ourselves 
    Alvin Vandergriend

#12 Asking for Good Things
   Alvin Vandergriend

Becoming an Instrument of Revival- Part 2
   Brian Edwards

#13 Getting What We Ask For
   Alvin Vandergriend

 

The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing:https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment