Saturday, February 29, 2020

The Touch





The most enticing thought of all the thoughts I've had 
today
Is how much even closer I might come each time I pray
To being more like Jesus in the things I say and do
That changes how I used to be and makes me something new 
 
(Google image, Living in God's Rest)

Not simply in the way most Christians think that we become
But in those ways reflective of the Father and the Son
Embodied with a holy Light that all the world might see
The shining of God's Holy One within the heart of me

Just as He was in Jesus when He walked this earth before
But in a way as He described in scriptures even more
As He might even speak His words and work His works of grace
Revealing what this world needs most as seen in Jesus' face

A humble holy purity that sees within each soul
Upon the path we meet each day a needing to be whole
That can be met and filled by God through things we do and say
And through the touch of our embrace if we are led that way

For many in the world today have learned from evils done
Not to believe there's safety in the touch of anyone
When Christ-like touch is what they need the most to calm their soul
And sometimes heal their brokenness in ways that make them whole

Just as the Saviour did before when as one just like us
He shared with all He met along His way that they could trust
His words to be reflective of His heart and love for them
To help them see the plan that God prepared for them in Him

That plan to make them holy pure and spotless from their past
To lift them to a higher plain where they might live at last
With Him Who is Almighty Sovereign King and Lord of all
Adopted as His children no more subjects of the fall

And without limitation in the way they live for Him
Indwelt with all the power of His Spirit deep in them
To do the works Christ did before but even more today
For if they're willing He might live through all they do and say

With power from a Godly heart that lives for only good
The Way that Jesus did before the way He only could
But we can also do as well when we with Him are one
And God resides in us the way He did within His Son

Colossians 1:19-29; John 14:12-17
The Touch
By Lee Forbes

Let's pray-
   "Father, I ask You to forgive me for using sarcasm as a defense and speaking harsh, unkind words to others. I choose to submit to the Word of God that sifts, analyzes and judges the very thoughts and purposes of my heart. Reveal incorrect thought patterns that are contrary to Your will.
   By the grace of God I will bring them into subjection to Jesus, who was bruised for my guilt and iniquities. The chastisement [needful to obtain] my peace and well-being was upon Him, and with the stripes that wounded Him I am healed and made whole.
   With the help of the Holy Spirit I choose to be kind, caring, considerate and thoughtful of others. I abide in Jesus and His Word abides in me. I am filled with light and truth, peace and love, benevolence and forgiveness. I choose to offer skillful and godly Wisdom, and submit to the law of kindness.

   It is my desire to be controlled by Your love that has been poured into my heart by the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, remind me to be kind to others, tenderhearted, forgiving others as You forgave me, in the name of Jesus."
Germine Copeland  
Prayers that avail much 
Scripture References: 1 John 1:9; Hebrews 4:12 (AMP); 2 Corinthians 10:5-6; Isaiah 53:5 (AMP); Ephesians 4:32

201-205 one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more this week-  
 
201- 2 Tim. 2:24 "And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient"
202- Ps. 119:27 "Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works."

203- Heb. 10:23 "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering, for He who promised is faithful."
204- Luke 18:27 "And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."
205- Ps. 56:4 "In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me."

Today's quotes-
~ Sharon Jaynes- "No matter what your experience has been with your earthly father, the truth is your heavenly Father is the perfect parent who loves you, cares for your every need, is interested in all you do, skillfully guides you, wisely trains you, never deserts you, generously supplies for your needs, is always available to you, and cherishes you as His precious child.
  God loves you with an everlasting love. He is especially fond of you." (From You Have a Daddy Who Loves You)

~ Oswald Chambers- How many of us are willing to spend every bit of our nervous, mental, moral, and spiritual energy for Jesus Christ? That is what God means when He uses the word witness. But it takes time, so be patient with yourself. Why has God left us on the earth? Is it simply to be saved and sanctified? No, it is to be at work in service to Him. Am I willing to be broken bread and poured-out wine for Him? Am I willing to be of no value to this age or this life except for one purpose and one alone— to be used to disciple men and women to the Lord Jesus Christ. My life of service to God is the way I say “thank you” to Him for His inexpressibly wonderful salvation. Remember, it is quite possible for God to set any of us aside if we refuse to be of service to Him— “…lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified” (1 Corinthians 9:27). From My Utmost for His Highest Updated Edition

Words of wisdom-

~
When we're born again, something happens to create a new Life. We're then to work out our salvation by learning what pleases God, and to begin doing it daily. It's time to live intently for Jesus!

Grandparents spending time with grandchildren
Lane P. Jordan
20 Free Ways to Spend Quality Time with Your Grandchildren
"I just have to say that I LOVE spending time with my granddaughter!
And why not? Maybe its because when I raised my daughters, I was always worrying and rushing around making sure my girls had enough food, sleep, clean clothes, clean house, activities, schoolwork done, manners taught, etc. But now I have this precious little girl who just comes to me already fed and dressed and who just wants to play with me."
 List of recent sermons of CFC ministersCFC Potsdam NY church has a live service at 10 am Sunday's for shut-ins. If for some reason you can't make it to the church you usually attend, click on live service at 10 on Sundays or 7 pm on Mondays and still get fed! 

Jean's blog (Click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)
Upcoming posts-

#3 God's Wonderful Plan for You!
3/3 Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

#4 God is Preparing Harvest for You
5th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

Why Should Christians Tithe?
7th-Saturday's post by Jean Oathout

#5 Our Empty-hearted, Disillusioned World
10th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel



1 comment: