Saturday, March 21, 2020

The ABC's of Faith










Jean Oathout- Let's examine the ABC's of faith together:

Always Give Thanks- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19

Build Others Up- 1 Thessalonians 5:11-15
Cast Your Cares On Him- Psalm 55:22
Delight in God's Word- Jeremiah 15:16
Expect Great Things- Ephesians 3:20
(Google image, ABC on open book)


Forgive As You Have Been Forgiven- Colossians 3:12-14
Give Cheerfully and Generously- 2 Corinthians 9:6-12
Humble Yourself- 1 Peter 5:5-6
Increase Your Faith- 2 Peter 1:5-10
Joy in the Journey- Philippians 4:11-13
Know His Love- Ephesians 3:16-19
Listen To Wise Counsel- Proverbs 11:14, 24:6
Make Peace With Others- Matthew 5:22-24
Never Give Up- Galatians 6:9-10
Overflow with Kindness- Ephesians 4:31-32
Pray Without Ceasing- Ephesians 6:18
Quiet Yourself- Psalm 46:10
Renew Your Mind- Romans 12:2
Seek To Do His Will- Matthew 7:17-27
Tell the Truth In Love- Ephesians 4:15-16
Use the Gifts God Has Given You- Romans 12:4-8
Value Godliness- 1 Timothy 4:7-9
Work Unto the Lord- Colossians 3:22-24
Experience His Presence- 1 Peter 1:8-9
Yield To Others- Philippians 2:3-8
Zealously Share the Reason For Your Hope- 1 Peter 3:14-16

(Taken from a plaque called Decorative faith plaque, distributed by Midwood Brands, LLC of Matthews NC)

(Google image, ABCs with book)

For those of you who want to read my intended post of 10 Benefits of Hugs, I'll give you the link to it. I didn't think it was an appropriate message just now, with the virus threat, and cautions of getting too close to others.


Let's pray-

    "Father-God, I thank You for inviting me into the throne room of grace where I can receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. I have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that He opened for me through the curtain, and since I have a great priest over the house of God, I draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with my heart sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and my body washed with pure water. I hold fast the confession of my hope without wavering, for You have promised, and You are faithful. With the help of the Holy Spirit I will consider how to stir up others to love and good works. I am glad to meet together with my brothers and sisters to encourage them and receive encouragement, all the more as I see the Day drawing near." Germine Copeland

Scripture References:Hebrews 4:16; Hebrews 10


211-215 one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more this week-  

211- James 4:12 "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."
212- Prov. 22:1 "A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favor rather than silver and gold."
213- Rom. 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
214- Ps. 13:6 "I will sing unto the LORD because he hath dealt bountifully with me."
215- Prov. 8:17 "I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me."

Today's quote-

Gwen Smith- "When complicated circumstances and challenges invade my days, I want my first response to be unshakable confidence - because I remember that the God of Angel Armies is on my side.
   When you and I do this, when we speak to God as our Fortress, as our rock, as our Deliverer, as our shield, as our Help in times of need, He hears and steps in with divine strength that empowers us."

Words of wisdom-

Did you know that Jesus wants you to love yourself as well as Him and others? How we treat ourselves, reflects how we treat others. We're all loved by God, and His desire is that we love others and ourselves, leaving off being critical, negative or demanding.

Today's guest post-


Resurrection clouds
Jane Ault- "I visited my doctor this week. She said, 'You are depressed.' I tried to deny it but after honestly answering the questions she confronted me with, I agreed with her.       Amazingly, I am not worried about this depression. I’ve gone through enough dark valleys to know sunshine awaits on the other side. God has always given me the strength and resources I’ve needed to recover. I know what to do. I do not lack hope . . ."

Important notice 

   As of Wednesday, March 18, the pastors of CFC churches began joining together to provide a daily devotional
"Streams in the Desert" will provide a short scripture reading and a brief message from one of the pastors every day for the coming season.

We will
--post the daily devotional on the church website,
--post it on a dedicated Facebook page, and
--share it by email. [There is a link to send them to your email]


Jean's blog (Click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)
Upcoming posts-

#9 The Power to Obtain Angelic Assistance

24th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel
#10 The Power to Move Mountains
26th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel
  Rusty Hinge
28th- Saturday's post by Lee Forbes
#11 Your Amazing Authority
31st- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

California poppies






No comments:

Post a Comment