Thursday, May 27, 2021

#124 My Prayer of Commitment to Intercession

 

   Dr. Wesley L. Duewel- Lord Jesus, I thank You that You have revealed in Your Word that God is my Father, that I am a child of God by faith in You, and that there is always a welcome for me at the Father's throne.

   I thank You for the life of prayer You lived when You were one earth, for teaching us to pray, and for Your victorious prayer agony in Gethsemane. (Google image, Man praying on knees with Jesus)

     I thank You for going to Calvary for me, for dying in my place, and for defeating Satan forever through Your death on the cross. 

   I thank You that You rose from the dead, ascended to heaven, and now sit enthroned at the right hand of the Father, ever living to intercede for me and all Your church, and for the world for which You died.

   Lord Jesus, I want to worship You, adore you, and love You more each day. I want, like Mary, to choose the better part and sit at Your feet. Teach me to worship You more, teach me to feast on Your Word. Teach me how to live a life of uninterrupted communion with You.

   Thank You for teaching me through Your Word that I am to be an intercessor-priest of God. Thank You for giving me permanent access to You at any time through prayer, and for calling me now to be a prayer warrior for You in Your army of intercessors.

   Lord, who am I that You should desire me to join You and the blessed holy Spirit in interceding for the needs of Your church and for the world still unreached, yet so constantly loved by You? I am unworthy of Your love. I know not how to pray as I ought. But I want to touch the world through prayer. Let the power of Your Spirit anoint me to touch and bless Your world and its people. Lord, teach me to pray.

   Teach me, Lord, to see the world through Your eyes, to love the world with Your love, to weep with You over the sorrows and sins of the world. I am unworthy to carry prayer burdens, but I am willing to share them with you. I know not how to prevail in prayer. Teach me Lord, to prevail.

   Teach me how to discipline my life so that I take time to intercede. Teach me to have a listening ear so I can discern Your prayer assignments for me. Let my heart share something of Your longings and tears as I intercede. Empower me by Your Holy Spirit to believe and stand on Your promises. Empower me to be strong in payer warfare, to withstand the powers of darkness and to drive them back by the authority of Your name.

   Lord Jesus, I do not ask for worldly success or acclaim; I ask for a praying heart. I do not ask for a leadership role; I ask for the power to prevail in intercession. I do not ask anything but Your will, Your glory, and Your triumph. Make me a person after your own heart. Make me Your partner in intercession.

   May my worship, my love in prayer, my hidden intercession bring joy to Your heart, victories in Your cause according to Your will, and glory to Your name. I love You more than my tongue can ever express. I am Yours eternally, my Savior and my Lord.

   By Your grace I live; in Your love I rejoice; and in Your name I pray, Jesus, my wonderful Lord, Amen.


(Chapter 34, p. 254-255 italics added for emphasis. This the last posting from Dr. Wesley L. Duewel's book, TOUCH the WORLD  through PRAYER)


Used by permission 
of the Duewel Literature Trust, Inc,
Greenwood, Indiana
Available by phone
317-881-6755, ext, 361

Let's pray-

     Father, we are grateful that You consider us Your children through faith in Christ Jesus, and that we're always welcomed at Your throne in heaven. Jesus always demonstrated the importance of praying while here on earth with His disciples, especially during His time in Gethsemane, when He prayed to overcome His own flesh before He was ready for the curcifixtiion. 

   We ask to prevail in intercession and for Your will to be done to Your glory and triumph. Make us people after your own heart and partners in intercession. May our worship, our love in praying, our hidden intercession bring joy to Your heart, victories in Your cause according to Your will, and bring glory to Your name. 

   We love Jesus more than our tongues can express. Father, we are Yours eternally, through our Savior and our Lord, Jesus. Amen.


Today's Bible verses-

        Matt. 11:35 “And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

       
       Romans 8:26-27 (NASB) The Holy Spirit “ . . .  helps our weakness; for we do not know what to pray for as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.” 


Quote for today-

~ J. C. Ryle- "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever" (Heb. 13:8). "Always the same! It is this which makes the Gospel so excellent and precious. We do not bid you depend on anything less than the tried Cornerstone, the Fountain whose water shall never failthe City of Refuge whose walls shall never be broken down—the sure Rock of Ages. Churches may decay and perish; riches may make themselves wings and fly away—but he who builds his happiness on Christ crucified and union with Him by faith, that man is standing on a foundation which shall never be moved, and will know something of true peace." 


Words of wisdom-

~ Our prayers for protection are offered for our loved ones as we think about them daily. When we visualize the Lord's protective wings overshadowing them, do we also see ourselves there? The Lord's wings are over us
too as believers in our daily walk, for He watches over His people who look to Him for protection and care.

 

Today's question:

         In our crisis, will we give God opportunities to get involved?

   God waits for us to need His help, so in the various crisis in our lives, we'll find our challenges may bring us to the end of our abilities to handle things. When we realize Who Christ is: the Living God! may we be willing to ask Him to get involved in our problems, as He's the One who can work things together for our good, and Who it is that can bring honor to His name through the outcomes.
 

 




The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing: https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library



Upcoming posts 

How to Find Contentment
29th- Tuesday's post by Mary Southerland

#1 Praying or Doing
6/1- Tuesday's post by James Banks

#2 Walking at God's Pace
3rd. Thursday's post by James Banks

Who Knows?
5th- Saturday's post by Poh Fang Chia






1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete