Monday, August 8, 2011

PRAYING FOR PASTORS



  There are two lists of prayers that I use daily in praying for my pastors. One is from Revive Our Hearts ministry, entitled 31 Days of Praying for Your Pastor. I use their pamphlet from years ago, but the listing of prayers can be obtained through their web sight www.ReviveOurHeartrs.com . The one for Day 4 is the one I’m sharing today:


        “Pray that your pastor will counsel and teach with discernment through the wise use of Scripture and faith in God’s power to work. Pray that he will be protected from the effects of sinful or negative attitudes that he encounters as he counsels. (Mal.2:7; James 1:5-6; John 17:15)

The other one that I’ve used for years, is SCRIPTURE-BASED PRAYERS to pray for your pastor” by Terry Teykl, and was published in the Pray! Magazine (issue #2), and can be found at www.praymag.com . I have chosen Day 7 to share today:


        “I pray that the eyes of my pastor may be enlightened to know the hope to which we are called and know the riches of our glorious inheritance in the saints. Let my pastor know the incomparable great power which is in us who believe (Eph.1:1819). Let _________ see the full revelation of Jesus Christ (Gal. 1:12). Place in him/her a desire to know Christ and the power of His resurrection (Phil.3:10).”


   Saying these prayers in first person, makes them our prayers. May God bless you, as you are involved with the move of the Holy Spirit in your church, through daily praying for your pastor and leaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment