Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Need to Know: Prayer Note # 3


     “When God says, ‘Pray,’ I want to know it will matter. I’m not into religious exercises and my time is valuable—so is yours. Was S.D. Gordon right or wrong when he said, ‘You can do more than pray after you have prayed, but  you cannot do more than pray until you have prayed….Prayer is striking the winning blow…service is gathering up the results’?

     If God is going to do something regardless of whether or not we pray, then he doesn’t need us to ask and we don’t need another waste of time. If it’s all que sera, sera, then let’s take a siesta and let it all just happen.
     If, on the other had, John Wesley was correct when he said: ‘God does nothing on the earth save in answer to believing prayer,’ I’ll lose a little sleep for that. I’ll change my lifestyle for that. I’ll turn the TV off, and even miss a meal or two”.”

 “And all things, whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” Matt. 21:22 NKJV

Prayer Note # 3- I Need to Know Taken from Dutch Sheets’ book, Intercessory Prayer (pg. 22, 23) (1/10/11)

jowildflowers@gmail.cjom jean-oathout.blogspot.com

Next Prayer Note Jan. 12th - Is Prayer Really Necessary?

No comments:

Post a Comment