Friday, December 21, 2012

Dance of the Butterflies


The frail butterfly

Carol Guthrie Heilman asks us to
"Consider the seemingly frail butterfly.

 The constant beating of their wings affects the air currents, and hence the weather, continents away.

I had no idea they had such important and far reaching purposes on that summer day when their beauty alone astounded me.

At the edge of our woods, yellow butterflies gathered in a grove of tall elm and oak. Their wings caught the sunlight and the tree tops glimmered as if sprinkled with diamonds.

I never would have noticed them if I had not been lying on the porch sofa recouping from a stomach bug and gazing upward where trees meet sky. At first I thought a breeze was moving the leaves and catching the sun’s reflection.

Then I saw a pair of yellow wings, then two pair, and then a dozen or more. Awestruck, I thanked the good Lord for them, and I remembered to thank Him for putting me on my back so I did not miss this spectacular dance of the butterflies.

I think the Lord’s creation — the variety, beauty, intricate purposes, and attention to details — all shout glory and praise and honor to Him for He is holy. His creation speaks of His great love for us.

After all, He could have decided not to bless us with butterflies. But I’m glad He did.

Our earthly home is filled with God-made wonders. If they are a part of my everyday environment, perhaps I take them for granted or don’t even see them at all.

I cannot begin to imagine the beauty of our permanent, heavenly home.

Renew your vision. Observe the miracles that abound daily in this temporary home God has made for us. And remember, He is holy, holy, holy."

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of His glory." Isaiah 6:3

Dance of the Butterflies – Carol Guthrie Heilman

Photo Courtesy microsoft.com free image gallery



Carol Guthrie Heilman is a published writer with articles and short stories in a number of newspapers, including Blue Ridge Country, Country Home, and Reach Out, a Christian magazine.

She is the co-writer of Just Go and is presently working on a novel. Carol lives with her husband in the mountains of NC.



Read Carol Heilman’s devotions.









Used by permission by www.christiandevotions.us

[Father, may we remember Carol's admonition to praise God with our shouts to His glory, praise, and honor; for He is holy. His creation speaks of His great love for us!
Today's quote:
"He is coming! I shall know Him,
Jesus! My beloved Lord!
Changed forever to His likeness;
Oh! what joy this will afford." - Dimmock 

Look for Christ's return
and you'll live for Christ's glory."
Our Daily Bread
12/15/12

Our thought for today: Break rank with thoughts of hopelessness. Believe God is in control!
Tomorrow’s post: Raising Your Expectations  Sharon Jaynes

A popular post:  UNDER THE JUNIPER TREE   Mary Southerland 


So You Plan to Marry a Man A devotional book for women contemplating marriage and looking for godly advice.

Samples of Jean's crafts 

Crafts order blank link

http://twitter.com/jeanoathout

http://facebook.com/jean.oathout  





No comments:

Post a Comment