Friday, December 28, 2012

God's Retirement Plan




Lisa Wardrop tells us, "My husband and I longed to retire to the Carolina Shore to golf and relax.

We never imagined our plans were about to take a different journey as God began to meet the needs of a young mother by bringing her into our lives.

In 2007 we began to search for a beach community but nothing seemed to feel right.

There was restlessness in our spirit. We continued to seek God for direction on where we should retire.

God began to confirm His calling on our lives and led us to relocate to the Charlotte area.

We met with a contractor who planned to build a model home in a community where we felt God wanted us to live.

Two weeks after we contracted and placed a deposit, the builder informed us we would have to purchase the furniture in the model home.

Even with the incredible price he offered, it was not what I wanted to hear. I did not want someone choosing colors and style for my home.

I had wrestled with God for three days when I finally heard a confirmation, 'I have provided everything you need. You will be satisfied. Stay focused on what I have called you to do.'

Over the next several months, God’s provision unfolded in our lives and the life of a young mother.

Six months after we contracted on our house in North Carolina, our home in Maryland sold to a young divorced mother with three children – one who desperately needed a home and furniture.

Because God had provided us with a furnished home, we were able to bless the young mom with furniture she needed.

God never ceases to amaze me how in His creative ways our needs are met.

I have come to experience that in all aspects of life. I place my trust in God for the major decisions, like retiring and relocating, to the small, everyday details of life.

God doesn’t call us to fully understand, He calls us to trust and obey.

Our Father not only keeps His promises, but provides in ways ten-fold what we expect in our obedience.

Trust in Him. Father knows best."

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

God’s Retirement Plan – Lisa Wardrop

Lisa Wardrop resides in Cornelius, North Carolina with her husband David. They have been married for thirty-four years and have a son.

She has worked in the marketing and advertising industry for over twenty years.

Recently retired, she is mentoring young women, giving cooking lessons, and writing short stories and devotionals focusing on the everyday experiences with God.

Read Lisa’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!




Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

Psalm 143:10 "Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness."

[Father, help us to understand You don’t expect us to fully understand everything you ask of us, but that You call us to trust and obey.]

Today’s quote:  Joyce Meyers - "We need to believe beyond reason, and simply trust God."
Our thought for today: Jessie Duplantis - "Truth and conduct should never be in contrast."
Tomorrow’s post: Set Free  Sharon Jaynes

A popular post:  MASTERPIECE IN THE MAKING
                    









1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information. It is informative, can you help me in finding out more detail on Retirement Plans, i am interested and would like to know more about this field and wanted to understand the basics of Best Retirement Plans

    ReplyDelete