Sunday, January 20, 2013

A House From the Lord






Peggy Billiard shares with us, "From the dark pit of divorce, I often clung to the Lord with only my fingertips. 


This was one of those times I was leaving my dream home in the country. I would no longer awaken to peeping frogs from the pond.

 

Who would welcome the returning songs of my back porch wrens? 


Not only was I moving in the middle of an icy January, but also my right arm was immobilized after surgery for a severed nerve in my thumb. 


Like King David, I encouraged myself to survive the day.


Four friends offered to help me with the move, and that morning twenty-eight more helpers arrived. 

I was blessed by their help as I watched them pack my furniture and boxes into each truck and trailer. 

The afternoon routine of my day was, 'Put it there, thank you.'




 Like a human computer mouse, I pointed and they released. The sunny day warmed to fifty-four degrees.The laughter was warmer still.

When all was quiet in the evening, I looked out the window of my little house in town and saw only treetops. 


Nature was still close, and my friends came back for several days to cook and help me get settled. The Lord’s people continued to help carry my burdens.


God commands us to bear one another’s burdens and it’s for a good reason.


He knows the love and support of friends will be healing, nurturing, and fulfilling. 

The Lord cares for all that concerns us. He lifts our heads and provides what we need when we need it. 


He brought loving friends in my time of distress and He held me close to His heart, filling me with comfort.


Be thankful for all the times the Lord has sent someone to help carry your burdens. Count it as an honor when you are chosen to help Him answer the needs of others."


"Bear one another’s burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2


A House from the Lord – Peggy Billiard


 She contributed a chapter to More Best Practices for Elementary Classrooms: What Award-Winning Teachers Do by Corwin Press. 


She is a contributing writer to Christianity Today International, Women Alive!, Church Libraries, The Logansport Pharos Tribune, The Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin, Indiana Reading Quarterly, The Aboite Independent, and Christianbookpreview.com.


 Peggy, an award-winning teacher, recently retired after a thirty-eight-year career in elementary education. 


Her favorite position was in the elementary library encouraging children to read. She held many leadership positions in education and the community as well as in her local church. 


Her speaking engagements include luncheons and workshop presentations in education and her church district.


Read Peggy’s devotions.


Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!

Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us


Change My Heart oh God - Hillsong (With Lyrics)


My prayer today: Father, I've seen Your Hand in my life, and I thank You! Open my eyes to everything You're doing for me, and may I express my thanks more often! Amen



Today’s quote:  Sharon Jaynes – “Dear LORD, thank You that I am more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus. Help me not to give up when times get tough, but to persevere with endurance. 

I know that not everyone will like me or what I have to say about You, but I pray for the courage and the power of the Holy Spirit to speak when You lead, and to keep quiet when You lead. Help me know the difference. In Jesus’ Name  Amen” [10/25/12] 

Our thought for today: We cannot do anything to qualify for God's unconditional love. He loves us!

Tomorrow’s post:  Faithful Unto Death  Bill Crowder

A popular post:  It’s Time to Do Something!   [With the story of the miner's rescue]



No comments:

Post a Comment