Friday, March 29, 2013

Thanking God for our Cindys



Charlotte Purvis tells us, "Cindy, a fellow consultant, was told that one of her corporate clients would soon introduce a new initiative. 

The client was seeking consulting services in support of that initiative so Cindy recommended the client contact me.

Cindy’s referral helped to transform my business, blessed my life in ways I never could have imagined, and gave me an opportunity to reach hundreds of people. One kind act by Cindy became one giant opportunity for me.

As we look back over our lives, we can probably recall many Cindys. 

Our Cindys believed in us, encouraged us, pointed us in the right direction, and took specific actions in order to help us pursue our dreams. 

What can we give them in return?

Gratitude has been my response to my Cindy. 

It’s clear I can never repay her nor does she expect it. 

This friend planted seeds in my life, no strings attached, and enjoyed doing so. 

I pray for her and honor God for arranging the situation that allowed her to recommend me. 

But the most rewarding way to demonstrate my gratitude is by being a Cindy to others.

Paul made every effort to thank his friends. 

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Philippians 1:3 KJV

He made sure they knew how much he loved them and how proud he was of their kindness. 

Paul set an example for us to follow.

One act by my Cindy, changed my life. 

Imagine what you could do for others. 

Stop and express gratitude to the Cindys in your life. 

 Support and encourage them. 

They will be blessed just as you were blessed."
  
Thanking God for Our Cindys – Charlotte Purvis



Charlotte Purvis is a native of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, the place where she learned the importance of having a grateful heart. 

She is a consultant, communication coach, and highly rated professional speaker. 

Thanks to Cindy’s recommendation, she has provided training and consulting services for one corporation since 1997. 

Charlotte is blessed to have loving family members and friends. She thanks God upon remembrance of them.

Read Charlotte’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!


Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

(Google image added)


Biblical Virtues to pray for your kids: #5 Self -control "Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be alert and self-controlled in all they do" 1 Thess. 5:6 [A series by Bob Hostetler]

Today’s quote: by Kim Meye

Simple Blessings 

"We should thank the Lord every day for everything!

A roof over your head
Your next meal
We assume it'll be there
To us it's no big deal

So many things
we take for granted
We think life goes on
As we planned it.

Where will we shower
To keep our bodies clean
We never question
The unforeseen

Help us remember
To count each way we're blessed
The simple pleasures
We daily attest

The loved ones
That are with me here today
Will help me face
Another day

None of us are
Guaranteed tomorrow
So live for today
And rebuke the sorrow

Thank you Lord
For everything
Jehova Jirah
My Precious King!"



Tomorrow’s post: Promises From the Pit  Mary Southerland


A popular post: THE AROMA OF CHRIST Mary Southerland:  "I tend to be a creature of habit in many ways – a fact that impacts all areas of my life – even when it comes to smells. I know. A little strange but let me explain. 

While teaching third grade at an elementary school in Texas, I habitually took the same route to work every morning..."

Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout

No comments:

Post a Comment