Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Hug Sent From God





Norma Mezoe tells us: I wasn’t doing so well.

A large blood clot developed after surgery. 

My heart dropped out of rhythm and my lower lungs collapsed. 

What was to have been an overnight stay in the hospital became a week. 

Stress on my mind and body took its toll.

That night my daughter, Jean, visited me in the hospital and a floodgate of tears opened.

"Get it out, Mom." She wrapped me in her loving arms and encouraged me.

When I told my cousin, Janet, what Jean had done, she was thrilled. 

 “That’s just what I prayed for. I asked God to reach down and give you a big hug."

 God used my daughter to answer Janet’s prayer.

The first line in a poem by Annie Johnson Flint states, "Christ has no hands but our hands to do His work today…."

Sometimes we are not willing to be His hands because we think we don’t have time.

God sees us in our disparate places. He uses us as His arms of comfort when we respond to His nudges.

He knows just who is the right one for the task at hand.

Colleen was one who responded to God’s nudge to comfort. 

She was busy, but when an inner voice said, "Go visit Bertha,' "she realized God was speaking through His Holy Spirit and she obeyed.

Bertha was an older woman who was lonely and thought no one cared. Colleen was able to assure her this wasn’t true. 

Shortly thereafter, Bertha was seriously injured and spent the remainder of her life in a nursing home, unable to communicate. 

How thankful Colleen was she’d obeyed and responded.

God wants to use us in various ways, but we must be willing to follow. 

It may be something as simple as a smile to a tired cashier, driving a senior citizen to the doctor, or giving encouraging words, accompanied by a loving hug sent from God. 

Our Father always cares for His children.



When you feel the nudge, answer. 
You can be the comforting arms of Christ."




 "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort" 2 Cor. 1:3 KJV

A Hug Sent From God – Norma Mezoe


Norma C. Mezoe began writing after a crisis in her life. 
Her writing was first published in 1985. Since that time, she has written articles, devotions, and poetry for several publications. 

Her desire for writing is to honor God, encourage others and point people to the Lord.

Read Norma’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle

Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

Bible Verse today:  John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." {God reached out to us through His Son, Jesus. He wants to hug you, too!}

Our prayer today:
Father, I ask that You help me receive Christ's love. If I could see him, I know He'd wrap His arms around me, so I believe that He does it each time I need His comfort,maybe through a friend. Help me sense His Presence. In Jesus' name, amen.

Our prayer challenge: We're urged to call meetings where praying in tongues and worship are in earnest.

Today’s quote: Cathy Baker - One of the greatest joys on this journey is how our God personally relates to His children. He is not a distant father. He is present and an ever so personal Father, speaking to our deepest needs---perhaps those we ourselves may not even recognize.” cathybaker.org

Our thought for today: We are to build up our faith, and keep ourselves in the love and protection of God by our prayer language. Jude 20

Tomorrow’s post:
The Value of Honesty Dr. Todd Cartmell

A very popular post: Trusting God With Your Future 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bg2cJ5bw2k
This an inspirational song, "Press on"- Selah


   

No comments:

Post a Comment