Monday, April 1, 2013

Swept Off Our Feet


Bride and Groom
Bride and groom


Linda Andersen tells us, "They stand in the doorway of their new home. 

The bridegroom sweeps his bride off her feet and over the threshold. 

Together, they enter a new phase of their lives — life as one.

It’s the stuff romance is made of.

In much the same way, Christ rejoices in carrying us over the thresholds of life, if we allow it. 

As we stand in the doorway of opportunity, do we graciously accept his gift or do we try our best to carry ourselves along?

New phases of life are challenging, whether from the joys and excitement of a new job or from the despair of the loss of a loved one. 

Why wouldn't we look to Christ to carry us through?


 


By nature, we strive to be as independent as possible. 

We adopt a 'me do it' attitude at a very young age. 

A child doesn’t want to hold his mother’s hand or have her do tasks for him and he doesn’t outgrow that attitude.

Even when we aim to place Christ at the center of our lives, it’s easy to fall short. 

It’s easier to call a friend than to pray for guidance.

Christ is our perfect friend. 

He bore the sin of the world for me…for you.

And He’ll guide us like a shepherd guides his sheep.

It’s time we modified our mantra from 'me do it,' to 'me do it with Christ.'

People often say, 'When one door closes, another opens.'

We are the bride of Christ. Let Him carry us and our burdens over each threshold.

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation." Psalm 68:19 NRSV

[Google image added]

Swept Off Our Feet – Linda Andersen


Cow--Military 051Photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net and phanlop88.

Linda Martin Andersen is a teacher, counselor, and writer. 

She is published in children’s magazines, teacher curriculum, and newspaper articles. 

 Visit her blog, A Writer’s Playground, for monthly activities for children at 

www.lindamartinandersen.wordpress.com.

Read Linda Andersen’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!




Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

Prayer: Father, when I tend to try to handle things myself, please nudge me to ask for Your help. I often am faced with difficult situations, so I see my need to learn to come to You for the guidance You'll readily give me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Our Scripture for today:  Ps. 46:1, 2  "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea."

Today’s quote: Ackley

    "I have a risen Savior, He's in the world today;
     I know that He is living, whatever men may say.
     I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
     and Just the time I need him He's always near."

The empty cross and the empty tomb provide 

a full salvation."    Our Daily Bread 3/31/13

Biblical Virtues to pray for your kids: #8 Mercy. "May my children always be merciful, just as their Father is merciful: Luke. 6:36
Our thought for today:  If you're a carnal Christian, you'll not be able to receive solid food from God. 1 Cor. 3:1-3

Tomorrow’s post:  Are You Ready?: Prayer Note #129  Dutch Sheets  [This will be my last post from his book, Intercessory Prayer.]

I will be starting a series from the REVIVAL MOVEMENT ASSOCIATION, What Prayer Can Do, by Dr. R. A. Torrey.

A popular post:  Hearing God’s Love Song   
   
 So You Plan to Marry a Man

Price: $5.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details

In Stock.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

14 new from $5.94 Kindle Edition $3.00

(My book is to be given a new name and cover in a few weeks)

http://facebook.com/jean.oathout

No comments:

Post a Comment