Monday, June 24, 2013

A Timely Happening: Mysterious Ways



Howard Ewen shares with us, "My friend Jim had offered to help me clear the drainage ditches on my 320-acre farm.

But he never got around to it. I figured it would have to wait until the harvest that fall.

Then one April morning Jim called, completely out of the blue. 'Today's the day,' he said. 'I'll be over in a few hours.'

He arrived and we took off for the far back corner of the property. 

As we neared the ditch I saw my neighbor Ralph. He waved frantically with his left hand, kneeling on the ground beside his disk harrow, a big piece of tillage equipment. 

Not a friendly wave. He was in trouble.


Jim and I ran over. The hydraulics of the machine had malfunctioned, trapping Ralph's right hand between two pieces of grinding steel.

'The lever on the right,' he gasped. 'Push it forward.' I did and Ralph slipped free. His arm was numb and stiff but otherwise okay. He was more shaken than injured.

  'I've been stuck for hours. I yelled, but no one heard. No one even knew I was working out this far today' he said.

'If you hadn't come by...'

Jim had forgotten all about his offer to help me until that morning, when the thought had popped into his head, completely out of the blue"

This was taken from APR/MAY issue of GUIDEPOSTS's Mysterious Ways magazine (pg. 30)

[Google images added]

Let’s pray:
Father, when we think of the times You've caused others to come to our rescue, we are grateful! May we never forget that You see us, and You're aware of our every day needs, and want us to ask for Your help with them. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse:
2 Chron. 14:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."


Today’s quote: Dave Branon - “Living a life that pleases the Lord takes mental, spiritual, and physical preparation. But we don’t need to stress, because He will enable us with His power. Let’s ask God to guide us as we prepare to serve, honor, and tell others about Him”

Our thought today: Teachableness is one of the most important virtues of a Christian's life.

Tomorrow’s post: #3 Revival in Hereford Texas C. Peter Wagner

A popular post:
 But God!

  







No comments:

Post a Comment