Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Imaginary Friend?


    Dennis Fisher - shares with us, “Not long ago, I heard about this billboard along the highway: ‘God is an imaginary friend – choose reality. It will be better for all of us.’
    Obviously, the bold statement compares Christians to children whose vivid imaginations invent a make-believe companion.

    But is that what God is – an imaginary friend?

    Actually, the evidence favors His reality. Ponder these ideas:
The creation of the world shows there is a Designer behind the universe.  Rom. 1:18-20

The conscience indicates a Lawgiver behind each human’s sense of right and wrong. Rom. 2:14-15 

The creativity we express in music and art reflect the same attribute that the Creator possesses
 Ex, 35:31-32

Christ reveals what God is like in human form. Heb. 1:1-4
And the communion or fellowship of the Spirit in the Christian heart manifests the reality of God. Gal 5:22-23

The Bible tells us there will be those who deny the reality of God 
2 Peter 3:4-6

But James reminds us of His reality and how an Old Testament believer befriended Him: “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. And he was called the friend of God”. James 2:23

Have you met the redeeming God? He gave His Son to become your real, eternal Friend. John 15:15

          "I've found a Friend, O such a Friend!
               He loved me ere I knew Him;
            He drew me with the cords of love,
          And thus He bound me to Him." -
Small

        The dearest friend on earth is but a mere 
           shadow compared to Jesus." Chambers
                             Our Daily Bread 6/14/13

Let’s pray: Father, I'm grateful that You've made Yourself known to me personally. I do see the wonder of the sunsets, mountains, lakes, oceans, flowers, and many other created things. I know for sure that the One Who formed them, is caring for them on a daily basis, for our enjoyment. Thank You for Your kindness to us, and may we acknowledge Your Love, which is shown in and through each created object, whether human, animal, or plant life. I pray in Jesus' name, Amen. 



Today’s Bible verse: Is. 10 "Now will I rise, saith the LORD; now will I be exalted; now will I lift up myself."

Today’s quote: E. M. Bounds - "Prayer breaks all bars, dissolves all chains, opens all prisons, and widens all straits by which God's saints have been held."

Our thought today:
Some people, who reject God’s authority and direction, follow their own desires and boast about their “freedom.”

Another good thought: 
 Anchor your life to what is unmovable: Jesus Christ. Remember, He loves you! Yes, you!

Tomorrow’s post: #12 Paul's Prayer Partners: Enodia & Syntyche C. Peter Wagner


A popular post: Chipping and Painting Put on the daily coat

of protection of God's Word.










http://www.amazon.com/dp/1938499999/ Link to Granny’s Guide to Marriage in Verse,  my book with new title and cover for women contemplating marriage.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP77URG/ Kindle addition




Samples of Jean's crafts & craft order blank
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout 

http://facebook.com/jean.oathout

No comments:

Post a Comment