Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mysterious Ways: Biblically Guided to a Place of Comfort



Patricia Hartmann shares with us, "I opened up my Bible searching for reassurance that everything would be okay.

I sat in my hotel room, listening to the ambulance sirens blaring outside. 

I thought of my husband, Larry, all alone in his hospital room. 

Tomorrow was the big day. 

We’d driven three hours to San Diego so he could undergo experimental surgery to remove multiple blood clots blocking the major arteries to his lungs. 

It was risky, but we had no other choice.

At 52, Larry had always been athletic. But for the past year he’d been having trouble breathing. 

Something as simple as tying his shoes left him panting. “Your lungs look like Swiss cheese,” his doctor explained. “You won’t live to be an old man unless 
you have surgery.”

We didn’t know what to expect.


Larry would be only the 58th person in the world to undergo the procedure. 

What if he didn’t make it? How would I raise the kids on my own? 

I shook my head, willing the thoughts away. Life without Larry was unthinkable.

I opened up my Bible. 

It was getting late, but I was searching for comfort. A promise that everything would be okay. 

I flipped through the Psalms. One passage seemed to glow on the page: “For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.”  

Pavilion? It struck me as an unusual word. A term for a shelter, a hiding place.

I reread the verse, mulling it over. If only I could hide from all of this.

The next morning at 4 A.M., I headed to the hospital. I held Larry’s hand and blinked back tears. 'I love you,' I said, kissing him on the cheek. 'See you in a few hours.'


The orderly wheeled him off to surgery. I waved until he was no longer in view. Was this the last time I’d ever see him?

'Come with me,' the nurse said, leading me to the family waiting room.

I was about to step through when I noticed a small plaque above the doorway. 

The words engraved on it caught the fluorescent light of the hospital corridor: The Pavilion. 

Six hours later, the surgeon came to tell me that Larry’s operation had been a complete success.

Somehow, I already knew it would be."

Mysterious Ways: Biblically Guided to a Place of Comfort by Patricia Hartmann

Featured Product

Mysterious Ways Magazine

Mysterious Ways Magazine

Be inspired by everyday miracles when you claim your FREE ISSUE of Mysterious Ways magazine today!



The Greatest Physician.
Let’s pray: 

   Father, thank You for Your ability to speak through Your Word given to us in the Bible! May we open and read it more often than we do, so we can receive more words of direction each day. Enlighten our hearts and eyes to what You want to speak to us in the Holy Bible, please. In the precious Name of Your Son, Jesus, amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 119 :80 "I entreated thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to thy Word."

Today’s quote: Max Lucado This season in which you find yourself may puzzle you, but it doesn’t bewilder God.  He will use it for His purpose. Please be reminded…You will get through this!” Listen to UpWords with Max Lucado at OnePlace.com

Some thoughts today: God is moved by what we feel during our infirmities.

God is the great Equalizer.

The Blood of Jesus covers you as a believer, and God sees the Blood, not you. He looks through the atonement of His Son, and doesn’t see any sin. It has been done away with!   1 Peter 1:16

A Prayer For Belief


"Father, we read the accounts in Scripture about our Lord’s death and His resurrection three days later. He appeared bodily to many eyewitnesses in His divine, immortal body for forty days before He ascended to heaven. It was written long ago and in a culture foreign to us in our modern world. But Your Spirit quickens this essential truth to our hearts and it is imperative to our Christian belief that Jesus rose from the dead and is very much alive today. We accept it by faith and receive it into our hearts. And one day, like the disciples, we too will see our Savior face to face.." In Jesus' Name, amen.

{Add this email address mail@biblesmtp.com to your address book 
to receive a daily Bible Verse.}

Sunday’s post:  House On a Rock  author unknown speaks to us as Jesus

Tuesday's post:  #35 Pastors Have More Influence and Visibility   C. Peter 
Wagner

Thursday's post:
  #36 Intercession Improves Ministry   C. Peter Wagner


A popular post:   God’s Way, Even When it Makes no Sense #104 "When He [God] chose to do it a certain way, someone had to perform an act upon the earth that often made no sense, but when performed, released something in the spirit, which released something upon earth." 





No comments:

Post a Comment