Sunday, November 24, 2013

Who Am I?

If you are a child of God, you can make the following claims in faith:

I am the salt of the earth Matt.5:13

I am the light of the world Matt. 5:14

I am a child of God John 1:12

I am part of the true vine, a channel of Christ's life   John 15:1, 5

I am Christ's friend John 15:15

I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit John 15:16

I am a son of light and not of darkness 1 Thess. 5:5

I am a holy partaker of a heavenly calling  Heb. 3:1

I am a partake of Christ; I share in His life Heb 3:14

I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house Pet. 2:5

I am a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession 1 Pet. 2:9,10

I am an alien and stranger to this world in which I temporarily live 1 Pet. 2:11

I am an enemy of the devil 1 Pet. 5:8

I am a child of God and I will resemble Christ when He returns 1 John 3:1, 2

I am born of God, and the evil one--the devil--cannot touch me 1 John 5:18

I am not the great "I am" Ex 3:14; John 8:24, 28, 58, but by the grace of God, I am what I am 1 Cor. 15:10

Christ Himself is in me Col. 1:27

I am firmly rooted in Christ and am now being built in Him Col. 2:7

I have been spiritually circumcised. My old unregenerate nature has been removed. Col. 2:11

I have been made complete in Christ Col. 2:10

I have been buried, raised and made alive with Christ Col. 2:12, 13

I died with Christ and I have been raised up with Christ. My life is now hidden with Christ in God. Christ is now my life Col. 3:1-4





I have been given a spirit of power, love and self discipline 2 Tim. 1:7

I have been saved and set apart according to God's doing 2 Tim. 1:9; Titus  3:5

Because I am sanctified and am one with the Sanctifier, He is not ashamed to call me brother Heb. 2:11

I have the right to come boldly before the throne of God to find mercy and grace in time of need Heb. 4:16

I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which I am a partaker of God's divine nature 2 Pet. 1:4

I have been justified--completely forgiven and made righteous Rom. 5:1

I died with Christ and died to the power of Sin's rule over my life Rom. 6:1-6

I am free forever from condemnation Rom. 8:1

I have been placed into Christ by God's doing 1 Cor. 1:30

I have received the Spirit of God into my life that I might know the things freely given to me by God 1 Cor. 2:12

I have been given the Mind of Christ 1 Cor. 2:16

[I don't know where I found this list.]

I am sharing this with you, my readers, to remind you of the blessings of being born again into God's Kingdom. I hope this encourages each of you. 

If you haven't given your life to God, through Christ Jesus, you can surely see the advantages of doing so! Open your heart to Him right now, and ask Him to forgive your sins, and invite Him into your heart, to create in you a new spirit that is alive in Him. You will never regret it, as eternity awaits you with all the promises given above.



(Google images added)


Ellen Andersen tells us, "I’d never rightly identified who I was. I learned my significance lay not in my work, social status, or accomplishments. My significance and identity is in Christ. I am His child and nothing can take that away.

When something happens that changes your life, talk to God about it and listen. He’ll answer."

Photo Credit: www.freedigitalphoto.net / By moggara12


Read Ellen's devotions.

(Used by permission)


Let’s pray:


Father, I ask that You speak to us, as we read this post today. May it become clear that You love us, and You desire to minister to our souls. 

Speak through the scriptures we read, and draw us to Your Heart, to encourage us to step out in faith and believe what has been shared. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Is. 27:5 "Or let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me."

Today’s quote: Max Lucado – “When you are in the final days of your life, what will you want?  Will you hug that college degree in the walnut frame? Will you ask to be carried to the garage so you can sit in your car? Will you find comfort in rereading your financial statement? Of course not. What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now?”
                                                                                                                              
Some thoughts today: God is happy to pursue us, as He wants to redeem and adopt us into His Love.

- God brings all peoples together in Christ Jesus. He has no preferences. He loves us all. Regardless of who we are, or where we find ourselves, or what our background may be, we are invited to come to Him through faith in Christ His Son, Who died and rose again for us all, making a way for our forgiveness and salvation.

Tuesday’s post:  #39  Clergy Prayer in Other Nations  C. Peter Wagner

Thursday's post:  #40  Do Pastors Pray Enough?  C. Peter Wagner

Saturday's post:  What Defines You?  Jean Oathout

Sunday's post:  Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross  Fanny J. Crosby

A popular post:  How to Get a New Heart "Mike, (a surgeon), explains that the process for selecting who gets a ‘new’ physical heart is similar to who can get a ‘new heart’ from God Ezek. 36:26. In both cases, need alone is the criterion."










http://www.amazon.com/dp/1938499999/  Link to Granny’s Guide to Marriage in Verse  my book for women contemplating marriage.

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse Kindle $3 



1 comment: