Saturday, January 4, 2014

Big Plans/Can God Direct This?

ID-100134747
Christi M. Estes tells us, "She came to us unexpectedly, without warning or preparation.

It was New Year’s Eve and we visited the lake house of friends to celebrate. I knew something was wrong the minute we walked in the door.

My friend clutched the phone. 'What’s going on?' I asked.

She explained how earlier that day she had stopped at a convenience store to get gas and she noticed a lady talking to the clerk.

'I can’t keep her,' the woman lamented. 'I already have two dogs of my own. She’s so sweet. I hate to take her to the shelter, but after three days with no luck finding her owners, I have no choice.'

My friend asked to meet the four-legged creature in the woman’s car.

Immediately smitten by the black and white spaniel, she begged the woman to hold on to the dog for one more day while she tried to find her a home.

'I called my mother-in-law to see if she would take her. She’s supposed to call me back,' she shared with me.

We didn’t need a dog. Our house was full -- two children, two cats, six fish, and two adults. And we had a very busy schedule.

Plus, I always liked to have a plan. There was little I did without proper preparation and research.

After losing both of our beloved dogs two years earlier, I had contemplated a new dog for a while now. 

Just months earlier I had prayed God would guide me to the perfect dog at the perfect time.

Some think it silly to entrust something as minute as a pet choice to God, but I don't.

God purposely set our lives into motion and He wants to be an active part of the plans for our daily lives.

When our hearts are one with Him, He can direct our steps – lead us in every decision regardless of the size.

Was this the 'perfect' dog?

The rest is history. God did direct us and Molly is now a vital part of our lives, her sweet and calm nature an ideal fit for our busy household.

Though she came unexpectedly, I know God knew exactly when we would receive her and how perfectly she would fit into our lives.

Lord, thank you for your unexpected gifts. Allow us to accept the plans you have for us and let go of the limitations we place on our lives.

Accept surprises as blessings from God."

"A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Pig Plans - Christi Estes 11/27/13


Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us-

Photo courtesy of freedigitalphtos.net and Tina Phillips.

Christi M. Estes is a freelance writer, blogger, interior designer, member of the American Christian Writers Association, wife, and mother of two children.

Through her experiences with her daughter who has learning differences, Christi has developed a passion for encouraging parents and others who work with children facing life challenges.

Christi and her family attend Newnan First United Methodist Church where she is the chairperson for the Evangelism Committee and serves on the Design Committee for the Connect Contemporary service.

She has served on the board of directors of the Coweta Community Foundation and on the mission field in Brazil.

Christi can be found sharing her reflections on God’s blessings for and through children who face life challenges at www.journeyofunexpectedgifts.blogspot.com and is completing work on her first non-fiction book.

Read Christi's devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!

Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us-

What fills your tank?
Posted: 03 Dec 2013 05:09 AM PST by Jill Savage

"Every one of us has a fuel tank that needs three kinds of fuel: spiritual fuel, emotional fuel, and physical fuel.

Spiritually, we need to be feeding on God’s word. We need to talk with Him. We need to do things that help us keep our eyes on Him. Right now I’m reading Romans because our church is studying it. I also try to read Proverbs everyday.

Physically, we need both movement and nutrition fuel. Walk, run, ride a bike, push a stroller—it doesn’t matter what we do…it just matters that we do it! When we eat, it’s important to fuel our body with healthy foods that keep us strong and builds our immune system.

Today, however, I’m thinking about emotional fuel."

Check Jill's blog What fills your tank? and discover what else she gives as good advice for us all...

(Used by permission)

Let’s pray:

   Father, when we realize Your interest in us, we are overwhelmed at Your concern for our needs.

   It is times like the above, that we begin to see that You really do have influence on our behalf, and are watching what happens when we ask for Your help, even in seemingly insignificant issues.

   May our hearts rest assured, that You take special interest in supplying our most simplest, heartfelt needs.

   We ask this in the Precious Name of our Savior, Jesus. Amen


Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 119:69 "Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word."

(In case you wonder where I gather the Scriptures for my posts, I look for one each day in my private time with the Lord, and record them on paper, and put them in a notebook. When I need one for you, I simply glance through the pages until I see one that seems to fit.)

Today’s quotes: Truett Cathy - “How do you identify someone who needs encouragement? That person is breathing.”

Winston Churchill - “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Some thoughts today: We stand helpless in ourselves. Grace abounds in Christ Jesus!

- We can expect Jesus to meet us through men of God. We are to listen to their counsel, as from God, and acknowledge the Holy Spirit's leading in and through it for our good.

- When we minister to the Lord in song, we'll see more evidence of God' s Presence.

5th- Sunday’s post: There's Power in His Name  Dave Hathaway

5th- special post:  Judgmental Opinions  Jean Oathout

7th- Tuesday's post:
 #51 Personal Intercession is Biblical  C. Peter Wagner

9th- Thursday's post: #52 Personal Intercession is Underutilized  C. Peter Wagner

A popular post: Prophetic Action: Prayer Note #103 "I can’t explain it any more than that. Some things, when dealing with God, simply cannot be explained.”

Friends help us get through our hard times.

(Two Google images used)




AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment