Sunday, February 22, 2015

When I Go to Heaven




Debbie McEwen shares this poem with us today:

When I go to heaven
when this body is no more
I'll meet my loving Savior
He'll greet me at the door

He'll put his arms around me
He'll look me in the eye
He'll tell me that He loves me
And I will start to cry

What did I do to earn this?
Why do you love me so?
You know that I'm not perfect
But You've never let me go.

My child, it's cuz you know me
Your faith was always there
You never gave up trying
You never ceased to care

But Lord, I did have dark times
I almost did give up
It was so hard at times Lord
At times it was so rough

I know it wasn't easy
It's not supposed to be
I had to mold you into
The child that I now see

So welcome home my daughter
Come here, greet everyone
Come share in all the laughter
Come join in all the song

Your trials are far behind you
You've earned a heavenly seat
Your tears are turned to laughter
Your joy is now complete.

Debbie McEwen


Pray with me: 

     
Father, what a day that will be, when
my Jesus I will see!

    I long to have His arms around me,
and hear Him say, "well done."

    My life on earth with trials and pains will be behind me, and my tears will be wiped away!

    The laughter that I'll hear is going to overwhelm me, for I'll greet some friends and loved ones there.

    I ask for patience to finish my personal pathway that You've planned just for me. 


    I ask this in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 128:1 "Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD: that walketh in his way."

Today’s quote: Cindy Sproles – “Provision comes in an assortment of methods. It’s not always cold, hard cash. Sometimes God surprises us with success or fulfillment in something we've done. Sometimes His mighty hand waves over us and lives are changed. Regardless how His methods come, it’s not for me to put my hope in man’s wealth or even in their reliability. Everything comes from Him and He gives as He sees fit. God loves to richly give and the more we lay our faith at His feet, the deeper His pockets of love.”

Some thoughts today: God builds others through your life's example, advice, and witness. Take heart, He knows their need and He wants to use your testimony and prayers to encourage them.

- God wants to use us. When others are crying out for His help, He will find someone who'll be willing to take the opportunity to be His voice, hands, and feet.

24th- Tuesday’s post:  #43 Does this Happen in the United States?
C. Peter Wagner

26th- Thursday's post:  #44 Spirits in the Wagner House
C. Peter Wagner

28th- Saturday's post:  What's the Difference Between Worry and Concern?  Jean Oathout

3/1- Sunday evening's post:  The Hand of God
Dennis Fisher

A popular post:  After Surrender, What? From DEVOTIONS for MORNING and EVENING with Oswald Chambers

“The whole of life after surrender is an aspiration for unbroken communion with God...”




jean-oathout.blogspot.com   (save to check in sometime)

Kindle $1.99

 A great gift for someone who
needs help in their marriage

Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

My book in paperback $7.95
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse

 AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment