Saturday, June 27, 2015

Stuck in the Mud

Marion Stroud: We were absolutely Stuck! I was laying the wreath in place on my parent's grave, my husband eased the car off the road to allow another car to pass.

It had rained for weeks and the parking area'was sodden. When we were ready to leave, we discovered that the car was stuck. The wheels spun, sinking further and further into the mud.

We weren't going anywhere without a push, but my husband had a damaged shoulder, and I had just come out of the hospital. We needed help!

At a distance I saw two young men, and they responded cheerfully to my frantic waves and shouts. Thankfully, their combined strength pushed the car back onto the roadway.

Psalm 40 recounts God's faithfulness when David cried for help. "I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he...heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire" (vv. 1-2 NLT).

Whether this psalm refers to an actual pit or the challenging circumstances, David knew the he could always call on God for deliverance.

God will help us too when we call on Him. Sometimes He intervenes directly, but more often He works through other people.When we admit our need to Him—and perhaps to others—we can count on His faithfulness.


    
    I praise You, heavenly Father, that You rescue me from any pit no matter how deep. Help me to accept the help of others
and to be ready to offer it to those in need.

Hope comes with help from God and others."
Our Daily Bread  5/23/15


Today’s Bible verse: Psalm 40:1-2 "I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."

Today’s quote: Linda W. Rooks "At this moment Jesus invites you to put your heart with all its brokenness in the shelter of his waiting hand. His love reaches out through time to woo you. It calls to you through the beauty of creation, the mournful wailing of the prophets, the blood trickling from the crown of thorns, and the hope of new life radiating from the empty tomb. His hands though might and strong enough to calm the storm, are tender as they reach out to comfort and heal."   (Taken from her book, Broken Heart on Hold pgs. 48, 49).

Some thoughts today: Jesus is the example of how to treat others. We're to love others in ways that won't benefit us, but to bless them.  (Luke 6:27-35)

- There is risk in loving our enemies, yes, but the benefits out-way it. True worship is costly. 

- Remember the woman who poured the fragrant oil on Jesus? It dearly cost her, but her love and gratefulness caused her to not count the cost. (Matt. 26:7-13)

28th- Sunday evening’s post:  Job Had No Bible
James H. Cagle
30th- Tuesday's post:  #75 Recognizing the Enemy's Strongholds
C. Peter Wagner
7/2nd- Thursday's post:  #76 Remitting Sin
C. Peter Wagner
4th- Saturday's post;  Break Through
Lisa Buffaloe


A popular post:  What's the Good of Prayers?  
Oswald Chambers: "It is not part of the life of a natural man to pray. We hear it said that 'a man will suffer in his life if he does not pray’; I question it. 

What will suffer is the life of the Son of God in him, which is nourished not by food, but by prayer. When a man is born from above..."


jean-oathout.blogspot.com   (save to check in sometime)

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse
Kindle $2.99


 A great gift for someone who
needs help in their marriage


Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

My book in paperback $7.96
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse

 AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!


No comments:

Post a Comment