Saturday, January 5, 2019

Conversion Day














There is one day I'll not forget
As long as time shall be,
And that's the day when I was saved
Through faith at Calvary.
I couldn't tell you what I prayed
Or how salvation came,
I only know that since that hour
I've never been the same.

It wasn't any fancy dream
Or stupid man-made deal,
But God, by mercy and His grace,
Made my salvation real.
And as I claimed the Precious Blood
My Savior shed one day,
The old life, with its sin and shame,
Was freely washed away.

The peace and joy and love that came
Into this heart of mine,
Would take an Angel to explain
With words of grace Divine.
It's lasted down through all these years
With value more than gold,
It shall continue till one day
The pearly gates unfold.

It was the day of days for me,
And how I praise His name,
For saving my unworthy soul
From all it's sin and shame.
Without a doubt, of all the days
That ever came my way,
The greatest and the best I've known
Was my conversion day.

Walt Huntley   Conversion Day
(Google image, Men kneeling at the altar) [Great article!] 


Let's pray-

    Father, I'll not forget the day I was saved, either! I was a teenager, attending our regular Sunday night youth meeting in the First Presbyterian church in Schenectady, NY. 
    I don't remember the man's message, but when we were invited to go upstairs to be counseled with, I went.
   A lady met with me, and I said the "sinner's prayer" with her. When I opened my Bible, the very first Scripture verse I read was, Isiah 41:10. Several times over the many years (65+) since then, it has been brought to my attention again, as a reminder that Christ would be with me through whatever I was facing. And He has, too!
   I thank You for saving my unworthy soul from all its sin and shame. Although I wasn't a "great" sinner, I still needed Christ's saving grace to make me His child, and to be on my way to live eternally with Him someday.
   That day was truly the greatest and best day for me, although at the time I had no idea the importance of it. I've proved the Lord's  faithfulness to me ever since my conversion day!
   May my life honor You, Father, and may my readers understand Your Love and Provision for them through Christ's Atonement. Amen.
   

Today's Bible verses-
             
          MATTHEW 18:3 (NIV) " . . . unless you are converted 
       and become as little children, you will by no means 
       enter the kingdom of heaven."  

        Ps. 18:2 (KJV) "The LORD is my rock, and my

       fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength,
       in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my
       salvation, and my high tower."

        2 Cor. 3:18 (NIV) “We all, with unveiled face, 

       beholding the glory of the Lord, are being 
       changed into his likeness from one degree 
       of glory to another; for this comes from the 
       Lord who is the Spirit."


Today's past post on prayer:

#16 Prayerlessness is Sin


   Wesley L. Duewel"There is NO easier sin to commit than the sin of prayerlessness. It is a sin against man and a sin against God.

Are you guilty of that sin today?"



Today's quote-

~ Oswald Chambers- Continuous Conversion- These words 
[in Matthew 18], of our Lord refer to our initial conversion, but 
we should continue to turn to God as children, being continuously converted every day of our lives.
   No matter what our situation is, the Spirit of God remains unchanged and His salvation unaltered. But we must "put on the new man . . . " (Ephesians 4:24). God holds us accountable every time we refuse to convert ourselves, and He sees our refusal as will-full disobedience. Our natural life must not ruleGod must rule in us.
   To refuse to be continuously converted puts a stumbling block in the growth of our spiritual life. There are areas of self-will in our lives where our pride pours contempt on the throne of God and says, "I won't submit."
   We deify our dependence and self-will and call them by the wrong name. What God sees as stubborn weakness, we call strength. There are whole areas of our lives that have not yet been brought into submission, and this can only be done by this continuous conversion.
   Slowly but surely we can claim the whole territory for the Spirit of God. (From My Utmost for His Highest Updated Edition)


Today's sermon spotlight-

SEPTEMBER 9, 2018

Call to Fast

Speaker: Ben Levendusky . Series: Ezra: The Lord's Plan Will Be Completed Topic: CFC Madrid  


Upcoming posts-

     #1 The Sign of Prayer
8th- Tuesday's post by Samuel Chadwick

     #2 What God Thinks About Prayer
10th- Thursday's post by Samuel Chadwick

          What is Sanctified Living?
12th- Saturday's post by Jean Oathout
    
     #3 The Way God Answers Prayer
15th- Tuesday's post by Samuel Chadwick     




    













Jean's blog (Click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Article, thanks Jean for your hard work to share.

    ReplyDelete