Saturday, July 6, 2019

To Be Like Jesus








Did you make the choice today,
To look into God’s Word,
And there beholding Jesus’ glory,
To become more like our Lord?


Did you open up your Bible,
And behold Christ’s wondrous love,
And long so much to own it,
As that in Heaven above?

Or did you open up the Word,
And found Christ veiled from your face?
Some sin hid His heart from you,
And withheld His changing grace.

To look again and see Him there,
Every sin must be confessed.
God’s Word will come alive again,
And each word His heart express.

We must continue to go back,
And read God’s Holy Word,
And we’ll be changed into Christ’s glory,
By the Spirit of the Lord.

We all can be more like the Lord,
By reading more of His precious Word.
Our change from glory to glory,
Should be to us the highest reward.

If we’d be more like our Savior,
His likeness we first must see.
His glory that He reveals to us
He will impart to us by degree.

Here a little, there a little,
We will grow in grace and knowledge,
We’ll be transformed into His likeness,
If of His glory we take knowledge.

The world must see more of our Christ.
More of Him Who reigns above,
As revealed in His written Word,
And through the saints who know His love.

James H Cagle



The Be Like Jesus
(2 Cor.3:18.)
James H. Cagle








Let's pray-

   "Heavenly Father, I can never be good enough for heaven, good enough to stand in front of a Holy God. God, I am a sinner, I’ve messed up, I’ve failed in many ways. God, I ask for your forgiveness for my sins. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died on the cross for my sins and that You raised Him back to life. I want to trust Jesus as Savior of my life. Guide me and help me to follow You. I believe, God. I believe. I pray these things in the name of Jesus Christ who is now my Savior. Amen." 

Today's prayer is from from Lisa Buffaloe's post:  A Love like no other

36 - 40 of 100 one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more this week- 

36. Is. 3:10 "Say to the righteous, it shall be well with thee, for they shall eat the fruit of their doing."
37. Ex. 33:14 "And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest."
38. Prov. 3:13 "Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding."
39. Ps. 119:11 "Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee."
40. Ps. 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desire of thine heart."  

Today's link-

 8 Ways to Welcome a New Neighbor  Jill Savage

"Our daughter and her husband recently moved into a new neighborhood. Mark and I have been helping them unpack boxes and get fully moved into their home.
As we’ve unpacked, we’ve talked about specific ways that are helpful for welcoming someone to the neighborhood. Some they’ve experienced and others they wished someone would have done for them!"
Words of wisdom-

~ We can tell how much God trusts us by what He entrusts us with.
~ The more time you spend with God, the more like Him you'll become.

Today's guest post-

Stay in Your Own Lane



Upcoming posts-

     #53 The Prayer of Moses
9th- Tuesday's post by Samuel Chadwick

     #54 Juniper Tree Prayer
11th- Thursday's post by Samuel Chadwick

          My Story- Part 1
13th- Saturday's post by Jean Oathout

      ~~~ Writers Conference in Montrose, PA~~~
                            July 14th-19th

     My Story- Part 2
27th- Saturday's post by Jean Oathout



     








Jean's blog (Click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)

      

No comments:

Post a Comment