Saturday, May 14, 2022

Prayers of Praise

 

 Alvin Vandergriend-  Praise God, who is  . . .

LOVINGHow great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! (1 John 3:1).

   I praise you, Father, for Your lavished love, and I rejoice that You have made me your child. I think of You as my . . . 

SOVEREIGN RULER"Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all" (1 Chron. 29:12).

  I exalt you, my God and king. By Your strength and power You touch my life. You're . . .

POWERFUL— "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! (Eph. 3:20-21).

   I glorify You, God, for Your great power. Use Your power at work in me, for You are . . .

GRACIOUS"God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work" (2 Cor. 9:8).

   I honor You, God, for Your amazing grace at work in my heart and life. Because of Your grace I know that You are . . .

GOOD"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him" ((Ps. 34:8).

   I praise You, Lord, for Your goodness. I want to taste as much of it as possible.            Because of Your goodness I see that You are . . .

HOLY— [The seraphim] were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory" (Isa. 6:3).

   In harmony with the angels gathered around Your throne I praise You, saying, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord almighty." I see tthat You are . . .

MERCIFUL"Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy" (Mic. 7:18).

   I praise You, Lord, as a merciful God, You are slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. I'm so glad that I know You!

(Taken from p. 106 in Love to Pray- 40 Day Devotional for Deepening Your Prayer Life by Alvin Vandergriend)


Let's pray-

     Father, we're learning how great Your love is, and we rejoice that we have been made Your children! As our sovereign Ruler, we know that You are the ruler of all things, and that we are in Your Hands, and are to obtain strength and power to accomplish Your will. 

   You are powerful and willing to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or even think, and that You're working in us to show Yourself in our favor through Jesus Christ throughout all generations.

   Thank You that You make all grace abound to us, so that in all things and in all times, we can be successful in every good work, to bring honor to You. We ask that Your amazing grace be at work in our hearts and lives.

   We taste and see that the Lord is good, and that we can take refuge in Him! Our hearts cry out, "Holy, holy holy is the Lord Almighty!" We are determined to stay in harmony with the angels gathered around Your throne as they praise You.
   
   There is no one like You, God, who pardons sin and forgives our transgressions! You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy, for which we are eternally thankful. We are so grateful to know You!
 

691-695 one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 
 
691- Ps. 12:3 "The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things."

692- Ps. 40:13 "Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me."

693- Ps. 41:12 "As for me, thou upholdest me in my integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever."

694- Pro. 19:21 "There are many divices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand."

695- Ps. 109:22 "For I am poor and needy , and my heart is wounded within me."


Quotes for today-

Debbie McDaniel- "If the future feels uncertain right now, and worry keeps occupying too much room in your heart, in your mind, remember this: God is already in all of our tomorrows. He knows our way, and He has a plan. And we can be assured it's always the best one for us.
   God never asks us to figure it all out on our own. He just asks us to trust Him, to recognize His leadership and Sovereignty in our lives. And He promises to make our pathways straight."

Linda Heath-  "As I filled my mind and heart with the Word of God, I saw myself change into someone anchored in Scripture, turning there more frequently to find words of life and direction. The more I yielded to God’s ways, the more I learned to trust that He has good plans for me and that He will use the difficulties I face for my good and the good of others."


Words of wisdom-

- We are admonished to stop focusing on things of the world, and thus taking the chance of drifting away from God. The fierce love of God reaches out to mankind through judges and priests in the Old Testament. He reaches out to us now through His Son, Jesus the Christ! Let's not be guilty of doing "our own thing." We need to keep focused on Jesus!


Today's Popular post-

God's Way, Even When it Makes No Sense


Dutch Sheets tells us, “Moses hitting the rock in Exodus 17:6 is another example of prophetic action. 

He took the rod of authority, struck the rock and water came out.
Why? Because God wanted it done that way . . . "




Upcoming posts:

5/21- #76 Suggestions for Your Prayer Role
   Dr, Wesley L. Duewel

28th- Prayers of Petition
   Alvin Vandergriend

6/4- #70 Your Prayer Controls Your Work
   Dr. Wesley L. Duewel



The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing:https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library 



No comments:

Post a Comment