Saturday, July 23, 2022

Some Basic Truths About Who You Are in Christ

 

 

Jill Savage gives us basic truths taken from Ephesians 1 – 3

 They are some basic truths about who you are in Christ that can be used to counteract Satan’s lies.

This is your true ID in God’s eyes!

In the book of Ephesians, God tells us:

1:3   I am blessed with every spiritual blessing – I’m not lacking.
1:4   I was Chosen before the foundation of the world. God picked me 
        to be on His team!
1:6   God’s grace is freely given to me (see 1:8).
1:7   Redemption/forgiveness is found through Christ’s sacrifice.  When 
         the enemy says: Some of your sins were too bad for God to  
         forgive… It’s a lie.
1:8   His grace is lavished on me. Over-abundance poured on me.
1:9   The mystery of His will revealed to me. He sometimes lets 
me in 
          on His secret!
1:11   I have an inheritance. (see 1:13,18)
1:13   I am Sealed in Him with Holy Spirit – down payment/pledge 
          of inheritance. 
1:18   I have a rich inheritance. There’s nothing here on earth
          that can compare. “Eye has not seen…”
1:19   I get to witness His surpassing great power toward me.
2:1,3  I WAS a child of wrath; dead in my sins…but I am now ALIVE!
2:4     God’s love toward me is great. I must be pretty special.
2:5      I’m made alive in Christ.
2:6      I’m Raised up with Christ and seated with Christ in the heavenly 
           places.
2:7      I am a trophy of God’s grace.
2:8      I’m a recipient of the gift of God.
2:10     I am God’s workmanship.
2:13     I am now brought near to Christ and His promises.
2:18     I have access to the Father through Christ.
2:19     I’m a fellow citizen with the saints and I’m in God’s household.
2:21     I’m growing into a holy temple in the Lord. (v.22) dwelling place 
            of God.
3:6       I’m a member of God’s family and a recipient of Christ’s promises.
3:12     I have bold and confident access to the Father because 
            of what Christ has done.
3:20     God is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that
             I ask or think.

 (My original posting 8/5/13  Bold and color is added)




Let's pray-

   Father, we are eternally grateful for these truths about who we are in Christ, which counteract Satan's lies.

   The truths are these: we are not lacking, we were chosen, Your grace is freely given to us, we have forgiveness through Christ's sacrifice, Your grace is lavished on us as believers, Your will for us will be revealed over time, as You let us in on Your secrets.

   We have an inheritance, sealed by the Holy Spirit, given as down payment upon accepting Christ as our Lord and Savior. We get to witness Your surpassing great power towards us, thankfully, when we were dead in our sins, but we are now alive in Him. We are very special to You, as we have accepted that Christ was seated with You in heaven, and that we are trophies of His workmanship, and are brought near to You through Christ Jesus, giving us access to You.
 
   We are fellow citizens, being built into holy temples, the dwelling place of Your Holy Spirit. As members of Your family, we are recipients of Christ's promises, and have confidence and bold access to You. We are convinced that  You are well able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we could ask or even think!

   We pray for Your help in walking with Jesus each day, to the fullness of our potential that He has placed within us for the Kingdom and for His glory! May our lives reflect His Attributes of grace, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Amen. 


741-745 one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 
 
741- Ps. 106:2 "Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD? who can shew forth all his praise?'

742- Ps. 31:5 "Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth."

743- Ps. 18:21 "For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God."

744- Isa. 43:7 "Even every one that is called by my name; for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him."

745- Ps. 119:101 "I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word."


Quotes for today-

~ John MacArthur- "Jesus promises to love those who love Him, and to disclose Himself and the Father to them. That supernatural union comes with loving Jesus Christ, a personal love relationship between the believer and Christ—not religion that simply cranks out the motions, goes to church, and walks through some kind of ritual—but an honest, deep, heartfult, committed kind of love that obeys. To that kind of love comes the manifestation of God in all His fulness, which results in the genuine supernatural union Jesus promised." (Taken from pp. 82, 83 of How To Survive in a World of Unbelievers)

~ Lisa Buffaloe- "God’s ways are not our ways. God wishes none to perish without Him, and He will send His children around the world to be His hands and feet to share His eternal message of grace and love. Christ’s followers are driven from their homes, experience storms, shipwrecks, prisons, illness, and hardships without number, yet through their suffering how many lost sheep around the world hear of our Savior, Jesus Christ?"


Words of wisdom from Emma Danzey- "Part of the responsibility in singing is witnessing that Jesus is Lord. When we sing a song, it can hold such power and testimony within it. I can think of a few songs rather quickly that have made a personal impact on my walk with God or in my journey in life. When the church comes together and sings praises, we are a light shining brightly for the community around us to see. We should never underestimate the power and witness that singing has for others. Jesus can use a voice and a message from a song to help open the eyes of a blind person to the truth of the gospel."

1 Chronicles 16:9 says, “Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.” 

 
Upcoming posts:

30th- How to Help Your Spouse Deal with Stress
   Emmanuel Abimola

8/6- Ways to Help Your Spouse Cope With Stress
   Emmanuel Abimola

13th- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
   Kellyl Bavoie



The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing:https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library 






No comments:

Post a Comment