Saturday, March 2, 2024

SURRENDERING TO GOD

 

~ Marvin Williams- God doesn't help those who help themselves; He helps those who trust in and rely on Him. Jonathan Roumie—the actor who plays Jesus in the successful TV series, The Chosen, which is based on the Gospels—realized this in May 2018. (Google image, Jonathan Roumie)

   Roumie had been living in Los Angeles for eight years, was nearly broke, had enough food just for the day, and had no work in sight. Not knowing how he would make it, the actor poured out his heart and surrendered His career to God.

   "I literally [prayed] the words, 'I surrender. I surrender.'  Later that day, he found four checks in the mail and three months later, he was cast for the role of Jesus in The Chosen. Roumie found that God will help those who trust in Him.

   Rather than being envious of and fretting over those "who are evil" (Ps. 37:1), the psalmist invites us to surrender everything to God. When we center our daily activities on Him, "trust in [Him] and do good," "take delight in [Him]" vv.3-4),and surrender to Him all our desires, problems, anxieties, and the daily events of our lives, God will direct us and give us peace (vv. 5-6). 

   As believers in Jesus, it's vital for us to let Him determine what our lives should be. 

   Let's surrender and trust God. As we do, He'll take action and do what's necessary and best.

   "Dear God, please help me to surrender to You freely today and experience Your life and peace." Amen!


#26 Testimony- Audrey #2

    God answered my prayer for my older sister Heather’s liver transplant and for her daughter Aleena’s caregiver. I never imagined I would be able to care for her at Grandma's house, while she was away with Heather, and still be able to provide for my own finances. The amount of time it took, was the exact amount of time my job could provide me with extra allowances I had accrued over my time there. I even had one extra check I didn't expect, that got me by last week. They had called and told me it was there. Because I didn't expect any more, I hadn't stopped by.

   Unexpectedly, I had the extra money for every single day of work I missed already earned! The whole thing still amazes me how perfectly God unfolded the whole plan. It was glorious. With every little detail, He was there. I will always cherish these memories. 

   There was a huge toy horse beside the road that morning on my way to get Aleena. It came with a bridle, bit, saddle, blanket, combs, and halter. It was so big it hardly fit in my car. It used to walk mechanically, and was able to carry a child. It must have been super expensive brand new. It no longer walked, but it was so well crafted it was beautiful and could hold a child. It just couldn't walk anymore. 

   It had fur and mane, forelock, tail, and complete with teeth. The thing had soft rubber for its nose. It was so realistic. I loaded that toy praising God the whole way to Grandma’s house. Aleena was only probably 4. She was beside herself to receive it. In every way God made it such a blessed time for us both. 

   The way he makes each thing unique to our own hearts is the biggest blessing. Aleena loves horses. It was her special treat while Grandma was away, something just for her little precious heart. I told her God did this for her. I was so excited. I knew He had. All the children still love that toy horse and it still has many visitors up to Grandma's house.

   Our Father in heaven sends favor to the meek and lowly of heart and His presence is without comparison. He is the Best Giver of all things. No one can compare to Our God. I was very blessed in this season. It is good to reflect and share. It always makes me smile to remember all the big and little things of those days. Our God is mighty in power and perfect in timing. Thank you, Jesus. You are always with us!"


 Give Us Tears in Our Eyes (A prayer composed from Dr. Wesley L. Duewel's poem)


Recommended Reading:

 A CALL TO GROWTH By Billie Hanks, Jr. 

"A CALL TO GROWTH has involved five years of writing, field testing, and work on the part of many people who have prayerfully refined these intermediate level materials on Christ-centered spiritual relationships. . . Collectively, we seek one common goal: To
 see God's people personally grow and multiply as they share their faith in Christ!"


Nine Lessons in Christian Discipleship are offered in the back of the book. 

1. The New Relationship
2, Putting Christ First
3. The Devotional Life
4. Prayer — Evidence of Dependency
5. Sharing Christ With Others
6. God Our Father
7. The Ministry of the Holy Spirit
8. The Importance of God's Word
9. The church — A supportive Fellowship


1156-1160 One-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 
 
1156- Ps. 72:17a "His name shall endure for ever."

1157- Is. 23:16b "Make sweet melody, sing many songs."

1158- Is. 62:6b "Ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence."

1159- Jer. 22:21a "I spake unto thee in thy prosperity."

1160- Job 31:30a "Neither have I suffered my mouth to sin."


Created for kids by Dr. Ben Carson & @americancornerstoneinstitute American History Educational Curriculum Cartoon Series Completely FREE.


#26 Hymn- Take the Name of Jesus With You

Lydia Baxter wrote this song, Take The Name Of Jesus With You. A song which encourages us to give due consideration to that name by which we are saved. 
    In 1870 she penned this hymn, while she was on her sickbed just four years before her death.  
    An avid student of the Bible, she often engaged in discussions of scriptureal names with her friends and felt that the very utterance of the name of Jesus carried her to a deeper understanding, saying, “When the tempter tries to make me blue or despondent, I mention the name of Jesus, and he can’t get through to me anymore.”


 Some encouraging words-

~ When we think according to the will of God, and pray according to His will, our prayers will be answered! Each step we take is ordained by God to bring us closer to our destiny. When we remember that our adversary is small compared to Jesus, we become mighty, as He is greater in us that he that is in the world!

Upcoming posts:

 3/9- GOD'S BUFFET- Tom Scott

16th- PERSISTENT PIZZA- Patricia Raybon

23rd- CHOOSING TO LOVE- Emily Marszalek



The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing:https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library 


No comments:

Post a Comment