Saturday, March 6, 2021

A Prayer Of Forgiveness

    

   Col. 3:12-13 "Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must."

   "Lord, You have loved me with an everlasting love. Even when I was dead in sins, you loved me. You have forgiven me, washed me from my sin, and given me new life.  (Man praying - Unsplash)

   And because Your transforming love has touched my heart, I can love others with the love You have shown me. I can forgive them, even as I have been forgiven. I can love others, bless them, do good to them, and pray for them—even when they are struggling with sin. 

   And so today I forgive all those who have hurt or offended me. I forgive my parents, siblings, spouse, children, other family members; pastors, teachers, employers, supervisors, and all those in authority; brothers and sisters in Christ, and anyone else who has hurt or offended me. I release them from the moral debt I have held over them.

   In particular, Lord, I ask You to place Your love in my heart for _________________.

You love them, even in their weakness and sin. Fill me with Your love for them.

   And now, armed with Your love, I bless them. I ask You to strengthen and encourage them. I ask You to help them in every area of their lives. I will rejoice in the blessings You pour out in their lives, and I will not secretly rejoice in their sorrows and struggles.

   I will speak well of them, and I will honor them with my words. I will not gossip or tear them down, and I will not pray for their destruction. I repent of my bitterness toward them, and ask You to fill me with Your heart toward them, a heart of love.

   Now pray with Confidence:

"Our Father in heaven,

Hallowed be Your name.

Your kingdom come.

Your will be done

On earth as it is in heaven.

Gove us day by day our daily bread.

And forgive us our sins

For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.

And do not lead us into temptation,

But deliver us from the evil one." (Luke 11:2-4)

   In this model of prayer, Jesus identifies the connection between our relationship with God and our relationship with the people around us. Christ's mercy and love are efficacious — they produce their intended results in us — as we extend mercy and love to others.

   There is a direct link between the confidence we have in our relationship with Christ and our heart attitude toward others.

[This is taken from a church study in our church several years ago.]

Let's pray-

     Father, we really want to let go of our pain from the past. When some triggers bring them up again, help us remember that we have already let them go and have left them at Your feet.

In Jesus’ Mighty Name we pray. Amen.


                                                   Words from God the Father
                                                 By Dave Roberson Ministries

I Do Not Hold You at Arm’s Length

"I am pointing My children to Me—to the Father. I am teaching many by My Spirit to look to Me and all that I have put in place for them through My Son. You are My sons. Your relationship with Me is as a son to a Father. I do not hold you at arm’s length; I daily invite you into the open arms of My grace and My love."


446-450 one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 

446- Ps. 90:14 "O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days."

447- Luke 21:19 "In your patience possess ye your souls."

448-  Ps. 99:9 "Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy."

449- Ps. 69:30 "I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving."

450- Matt. 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."


Today's quote-

       Forgiveness
"Have you ever wondered how Christ could ask the Father to 'forgive ' those who beat, whipped, and crucified Him? There was no repentance, no confession of guilt . . . yet Christ asked. Did the Father honor his request?
And Stephen too, as He was being stoned to death . . . asked the Lord to forgive them, as He fell into evils grip, giving His life. 
And for those who lived and watched these scenes with their very eyes, and who heard those cries of mercy towards the guilty. Those who loved them, their friends, their family . . . did they honor their requests for forgiveness?
There's no counterfeit of love. Often belittled as mamby pamby, and weakness, until you offer it without requirement, not at the cost of your pride, your time, your resources, but your life."

Words of wisdom-

 When we see that we aren’t controlling our thoughts, words and actions, may we simply ask for the Lord’s help. What takes faith on our part to overcome some problem within us, in our way of dealing with something, we need to realize that we’re helpless against it. We have no recourse but to give up, or to ask for divine help.

Today's popular post-


   Samuel Chadwick:  Prayer is central in heaven. The interpretation of the mystery of intercession begins there. It is fellowship in the ministry of our Great High Priest at the right hand of God. 





8 Benefits of Aging Worth Celebrating

"No longer feeling the need to rush through life, we savor. Seniors take fewer things for granted, are less likely to procrastinate, and seek out positive ways to spend their time. We embrace family and tighten up our circle of friends."

"Surrounded by a culture that’s shouting at the top of its voice that it’s “me-time,” God tells us something different. He says that it’s time to get to know Him better (John 17:3) and to invest in future generations" (Psalm 145:4).

"The beneficiaries of eternal perspective, seniors live for God’s glory and the advancement of His kingdom."

"One of the beautiful benefits to aging is that we get to experience life from different vantage points. Rather than spending our years in grief and sorrow, we get to enjoy new roles as consultant, mentor, and grandparent."

  "Grandparenting offers us an opportunity to build deep, new relationships, share our knowledge and expertise, pass along family traditions, and help point our grandchildren to Jesus. It’s one of the best gigs around!"

"And most importantly, this benefit means we have more time to spend with God. More time in prayerBible study, praise, thanksgiving, and worship. More time in His presence, beholding His glory, and becoming more like Christ."


The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.



Upcoming posts-

#103 Saturate Yourself With the Word of God
9th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

#104 Rout the Devil By Praise
11th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

The Faith Battle
13th- Saturday's post by Gwen Smith

#105 Pray On Till Satan Is Defeated
16th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel







 

1 comment: