Saturday, February 17, 2024

WHO AM I?

 

~ Robert Todd Lincoln lived under the extensive shodow of his father, beloved American president Abraham Lincoln. Long after his father's death, Robert's identity was engulfed by his father's overwhelming presence.

   Lincoln's close friend, Nicholas Murray Butler, wrote that Robert often said, "No one wanted me for secretary of war; they wanted Abraham Lincoln's son. No one wanted me for minister to England; they wanted Abraham Lincoln's son. No one wanted me for president of the Pullman Company; they wanted Abraham Lincoln's son." Google image, Note to Self)

   Such frustration isn't limited to the children of the famous. We all are familiar with the feeling of not being valued for who we are. Yet nowhere is the depth of our value more evident than in the way God loves us.

   The apostle Paul recognized us for who we were in our sins, and for who we become in Christ. He wrote,"At just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly" (Romans 5:6).

   God loves us because of who we are — even at our worst! Paul wrote, "God demonstrats his own love for us in this; While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (v.8). God values us so much that He allowed His Son to go to the cross on our behalf.

   Who are we? We're God's beloved children. Who could ask for more?

    It's Valentine's week and Mark and I have been working hard on a brand new marriage resource for you! We're simply calling it the Marriage Crash Course! Seven days of marriage wisdom delivered to your inbox.

If you'd like to receive that, you can sign up here! Jill Savage- 

 

Let's pray-

     "Father, give us clean hands and a pure heart. Show us if there is any wrong way within us. Forgive us for anything we may have done against you. Lead us to you — to the Good Shepherd, to our Defender and to our Provider. Hear our prayer and give us your peace. Hear the cry of our heart and answer us today. In Jesus’ name. Amen."


#24 Testimony- Barbara

 "My testimony of my mom‘s healing when I was 10 years old. My mom was diagnosed with cancer. The doctors told my father to get things in order as she was in the hospital having a radium implant. We couldn’t even visit her. My dad called us to the table after we got home from school and said he had to tell us something very important. He had been trying to work in his Bee yards. He was an Apiarist Beekeeper. He went on to tell us he could not get any of his work done. 


He dropped to his knees, crying and praying to God and while on his knees, God touched him on his right shoulder and verbally spoke The words CONSIDER IT DONE. He went on to tell us that God rarely speaks verbally in this day as he did in the days of Moses, but he believes he heard from God because it was few and precise words. I knew that moment my mom was healed from cancer and that cancer would never touch her life again!


She lived to age 93 cancer free, and I was always grateful that if nothing else in my life would go the way I pleased, I would always be grateful that I was able to have a mom to grow up with. That testimony grew into a life experience. All I know is, I could trust in Jesus. Amen!



Recommended Reading-

How to Survive in a World of Unbelievers By John MacArthur


"Jesus answered this troubling question on the eve of His death with some of the most poignant, powerful teaching in His entire ministry. During those hours, He taught His apostles and consequently, all believers throughout history, How To Survive In a World of Unbelievers."




1146-1150 One-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 
 
1146- Pro. 29:17a "Correct thy son and he shall give thee rest."

1147 Lam. 3:58 "O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; Thou hast redeemed my life."

1148- Song of Solomon 6:3a "I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine."

1149- Ps. 106:5a "That I may see the good of thy chosen."

1150- Pro. 8:7a "For my mouth shall speak truth."


 #24 Hymn- There's a Song in the Air  
 
A CHRISTMAS SONG - Karl P Harrington, 1861-1953


 Some encouraging words-

~ God doesn't want us to rely on our own strength when faced with obstacles. We should fear Him, humble ourselves, and ask for His directions instead of depending on our own strength, and then ask Him to bless our weak attempts!

 #20 Do You Lack Spiritual Power?  

My #20 post in my blog  by Wesley L. Duewel (12/24/17)


Upcoming posts:

2/24- DON'T LOSE HEART- Cindy Hess Kasner

3/2- SURRENDERING TO GOD-  Marvin Williams

9th- GOD'S BUFFET- Tom Scott
 

The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing:https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment