Saturday, April 20, 2024

Butterfly

 

~ Anne Hughes-  "You are a butterfly,” my pastor said.

   I was thirty-four years old when I committed my life to Jesus. It was a face-to-face reckoning I will never forget. I carried much baggage into this new relationship. But God gifted me with a pastor who was a trained counselor. He helped me understand many things, not the least of which was my value to the Lord. (photo courtesy of pixabay.com.)

   At one of our sessions, I shared how discouraged I was about not following through with some commitments. Yet my commitment to Jesus and growing in faith never wavered. The pastor reminded me that God planned to use me just as I was. God created me with a purpose, and every member of the body was distinct in its function.

   My ADHD diagnos is isn’t a curse but a part of who I am. Some are appointed to start things, while others carry them out. My role may always be to flit from one project to another, but God values that as much as the one who fulfills a single purpose throughout their life.

   There are around 17,500 different species of butterflies in the world. It sounds like a lot until we compare it to the number of all extant creatures, which is about 2.13 million. Within that number is around 8.1 billion people, and each one is unique.

   The NLT version of the Bible states the verse beautifully. We are God’s masterpieces, created with His perfect purpose in mind.

   We should thank God for creating us just as we are, a magnum opus. Then we should ask God to help us glorify Him in everything we say and do.

       "For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10 NLT 

What would help you realize how important you are to God?

Butterfly   Anne Hughes


Let's pray-

     Father, sometimes we get discouraged, thinking that we've failed to follow through with some commitments. If our commitment and faith in Jesus is strong, we need to understand that You can use us just as we are. You created us with a purpose, and every menber of the body of Christ has a distinct function.
     Some folks are appointed to start things, while others carry them out. It may be our role is to flit from one project to another like a butterfly. You value that as much as the one who fulfills a single purpose throught their lifetime.
      We should thank You for creating us just as we are. Then we should ask You to help us glorify You in everything we say and do. We ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen! 

 #33 testimony- Debbie

   “I was getting in my car to go visit my mom singing the song ‘Waymaker’ in my heart. My hubby and I had been singing it throughout the day, so as I'm humming it to myself, I said,  ‘Lord, I want to hear this song’, and wondered if I might be blessed to hear it.

   So, I turned on the radio (it's always on a  Christian station) and the announcer is saying: "This woman is from Nigeria, she was going through a very difficult situation and she heard God say that He would make a way! So she wrote this song, and then it was played by the writer of the song "Waymaker"....  by the original writer of the song - Sinach! 

   God says in Ephesians 3:20, that He will bless us even more than we could imagine! 

   Wow, this beautiful powerful song by Sinach played for me, a gift from God! 

https://youtu.be/AVENBMg7XVE?si=QnCijYf2TpPZi72K

   As always, God hears us, and when we seek Him with all our heart, He gives us the desires of our hearts. He  more than answered my prayer to hear the Waymaker song and Sinach's story! Thank you Lord for all of your blessings! We love You King Jesus! ❤🙏🔥


“Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20. (AMP) 


Recommended Reading-



   "Why should presenting the Lord be harder than any other introduction? 'It shouldn't,' says Dr. Lovett. His technique presents Christ as a PERSON, and a simple 4-step plan makes soul-winning as easy as introducing one person to another. 
   So simple a new Christian can use it, yet so basic it has become the standard text in many school and Bible colleges."






1191-1195 One-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 
 
1191- Jer. 35:14b "I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking."

1192- Ps. 119:69b "I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart."

1193- Ps. 89:24a "My faithfulnessa and my mercy shall be with him."

1194- Pro. 10:6a "Blessings are upon the head of the just."

1195- Is. 9:2a "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light."



 #33 Hymn-  When We Walk with the Lord (Trust and Obey)
 

Daniel B. Towner, who wrote the melody to this song, inherited his love of music from his father, Professor J. G. Towner, a beloved vocalist and music teacher. 

Towner served churches in Ohio and Kentucky before being tapped by evangelist D. L. Moody in the fall of 1885.

   Rev. H. H. Sammis, a Presbyterian minister, after hearing a testimony of a young man, that he was not quite sure, but he"was going to trust and obey," he wrote down the phrase and gave it to Towner, who went to work on the music. 

   Towner became discouraged and crumpled up the paper and threw the manuscript into the wastebasket. The next morning, his wife retrieved the paper and left it on the organ, encouraging her husband to work on it some more, telling him, “I feel the melody you have written is just what is needed to carry the message.” She was right.


 Some encouraging words-

~ "Sometimes, our first response to a life storm is to jump ship. We want to get away from the immediate problem. But Christ is our ship of safety. In Him, we are secure, no matter what problem or storm comes our way. We find security if we stay put in Christ and hold to His promises."  Phyllis Freeman  Stay With the Ship post


Upcoming posts:

27th- THE ROCK- John Oquntovinbo

5/4th- GOD WON'T FORGET YOU-  Karen Huang

11th- PRACTICAL PRINCIPLES OF GIVING- Billie Hanks Jr.
 

The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing:https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library 


No comments:

Post a Comment