Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Because I Said So! Prayer Note #1

     “None of us wants to do something just because someone else said so. Oh, I know God requires things of us at times without the full knowledge of why, but they are usually occasional obedience and trust issues—not the way He expects us to live life on a regular basis. We are not programmed robots who never ask why. He does not require an ostrich mentality of us: head in the sand, blind to the truth, the issues, the facts.

     God has given us a Bible full of answers to the whys of life. The one I’m interested in is: Why pray? I’m not speaking of why in the sense of needing this or that. Obviously we ask because we want or need something. I’m speaking of why in the context of God’s sovereignty.”  

 “In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry came before Him, even to his ears.Ps. 18:6 NKJV

Father, as we begin this prayer journey together, I ask that Your Holy Spirit guide our thinking as we consider Dutch Sheets’ advice, which I’ll be taking twice a week from his book. May we receive his wisdom and gain understanding about prayer, and what all it involves.  In Christ's name we pray, Amen.

Taken from Dutch Sheets’ book, Intercessory Prayer (pgs. 23, 24) (1/3/12)

“The heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge…”  Prov. 15:14a NKJV

jowildflowers@gmail.com    jean-oathout.blogspot.com  (There are 106 posts so far! Click on a Month, select a title)

Next Prayer Note Jan. 5th-   I Wonder Why  






No comments:

Post a Comment