Thursday, February 9, 2012

God Needs Our Prayers: Prayer Note # 12

     “And I searched for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one. Thus I have poured our My indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of My wrath; their way I have brought upon their heads,” declares the Lord God.” (Ezek. 22:30, 31)

     “The implications of these verses are staggering. God’s holiness, integrity and uncompromising truth prevent Him from simply excusing sin. It must be judged.

     The passage is clearly saying, ‘While My justice demanded judgment, My love wanted forgiveness. Had I been able to find a human to ask Me to spare this people, I could have. It would have allowed Me to show mercy. Because I found no one, however, I had to destroy them.

     Peter Wagner says: ‘We must understand that our sovereign God has for His own reasons so designed this world that much of what is truly His will He makes contingent on the attitudes and actions of human beings. He allows humans to make decisions that can influence history….Human inaction does not nullify the atonement, but human inaction can make the atonement ineffective for lost people.’


 Jack Hayford said, Prayer is essentially a partnership of the redeemed child of God working hand in hand with God toward the realization of His redemptive purposes on earth.’ ”

 Prayer Note # 12 God Needs Our Prayers  - Taken from Dutch Sheets’ book, Intercessory Prayer    ( pgs 31, 32)  

Next Prayer Note Feb. 14th - Defining Intercession

jowildflowers@gmail.com    jean-oathout.blogspot.com   Tomorrow’s post:  Keep Climbing (What is Your Climb?) by Marilyn Nutter


No comments:

Post a Comment