Friday, April 6, 2012

A SONG AND A POEM

O Sacred Head, Now Wounded

by Bernard of Clairvaux and adapted by Paul Gerhardt.

“O sacred Head, now wounded
With grief and shame weighed down;
Now scornfully surrounded
With thorns, Thine only crown.
How pale Thou art with anguish,
With sore abuse and scorn;
How does that visage lanquish,
Which once was bright as morn!

What Thou, my Lord, hast suffered
Was all for sinners' gain;
Mine, mine was the transgression,
But thine the deadly pain.
Lo, here I fall, my Savior;
'Tis I deserve Thy place.
Look on me with Thy favor;
Assist me with Thy grace.

What language shall I borrow
To thank Thee, dearest Friend,
For this, Thy dying sorrow,
Thy pity withot end?
O make me Thine forever;
And, should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never
Outlive my love to Thee.”


I hope you'll enjoy the You Tube Video. O Sacred Head Now Wounded as sung by Amy Grant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqsmTIuLmlA&feature=fvsr


Jean's Easter Poem

THE CROSS THE CROSS
The Cross the Cross what will it be
Only a necklace that you where?
Will your faith be what others see
And do they know you care?


Can you remember what Christ said
As He hung on the Cross?
Have you known that your life’s been lead,
Or have your faith you lost?


Once you have seen God’s love renewed
It’s hoped that you can know
Christ rose up from the grave so you’d
His grace begin to show.


As Easter comes our way again
May you decide to change
To become Christ’s woman or man
And habits rearrange.


The Holy Spirit of Christ now
Can help you pass each test.
This Easter humbly bow
And in Him come to rest.


May Jesus see the life you live
Is one you find does pay.
He’ll know that from all you will give
A “Job well done” He’ll say.


“He who gets wisdom loves his own soul;
He who keeps understanding will find good.”
(Prov. 19:8)


Father, my desire is to please You. Help me seek Your counsel. Amen


Written by Jean Oathout 3/15/12



jowildflowers@gmail.com   jean-oathout.blogspot.com Tomorrow’s post:

 PEACE FOR ANXIOUS DAYS by Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment