Monday, July 16, 2012

I Needed a Reminder!



Dianne Guthmuller tells us, “I don’t understand. There should be more money in our account. We haven’t even written our tithe check.”

"That’s the way I felt a couple of weeks ago. 

My husband and I had traveled for almost three weeks. I hadn’t been home to reconcile our account. I had been using the scientific approach of 'guessimating.'

That’s not normal for me. Can I say Quicken®, categories, files, reports, etc.? Yes, I’m one of those people. 

The real problem wasn’t my lack of financial organization. The real problem was the order in which I dispersed our money.

I’ve been a tither all my adult life and here’s what I know to be true: Every time I’ve waited until the end of the bill-paying process to pay my tithe, there was never enough left, but every time I paid my tithe first, there was more money, it just seemed to s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

Why?

The principle of first fruits… God wants our best:
  • He wants our obedience
  • He wants our trust
  • He wants to provide us with a blanket of protection
Paul reminded the Corinthians of first fruits. There wasn’t a need for an in-depth explanation because the principle of first fruits was common knowledge in those days…they just needed a reminder.

Waiting to write our tithe check until last is a bad idea. I know this isn’t logical, but there is more money when we give God His first fruits. 


 No, it doesn’t make sense on paper, but we serve the one, true, living God who stands by his Word.


I guess those three weeks of traveling and not writing out our tithe check first was our reminder.


If you are struggling to tithe, I challenge you to give God your first fruits for 90 days. 

It will change your life and your checkbook!


I can’t wait for our next payday. I can’t wait to give God our best."


"Now regarding your question about the money being collected for God’s people in Jerusalem. You should follow the same procedure I gave to the churches in Galatia. On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned…" 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 NLT


I Needed a Reminder – Dianne Guthmuller


Dianne Guthmuller has a passion for mentoring, teaching, and leading women.

 She’s a blogger, writer, conference speaker, mentor, and leader of a local chapter of a new, national women’s ministry called Lead Her.


 In Dianne’s spare time you’ll find her wiggling her toes in the sands of the beaches at Destin, Florida with her husband Harry or one of their eleven grandchildren. 


Visit Dianne at www.dianneguthmuller.com or email her at iblgod@cox.net.Read Dianne’s devotions.


Posted on by  Cindy Sproles of www.Christiandevotions.us

Used by permission www.Christiandevotions.us

Today’s 39th truth: If you are “born again”, you are the light of the world. (Matt. 5:14)
Today's thought:  What are you really passionate about? Follow that, and see what God can do through you!

Tomorrow’s post:  Satan’s Hidden Schemes: Prayer Note # 57  Dutch Sheets
Tomorrow night's post:   Are you Mentoring?


No comments:

Post a Comment