Friday, August 24, 2012

My Inheritance





Our stressed and worried economy

 
Barbara Durnil tells us,"The European economy is crashing down piece by piece. The United States is drowning in debt. Our ship is larger and takes longer to sink, but sink it will. These emotions and thoughts held me captive as I began my prayers. Fear permeated my soul. My fixed income and expenses wouldn’t make it through more downturns. The year ahead looked bleak.


God interrupted my thoughts as I prayed about my financial security. Your deepest need is My peace, not your finances. His words cut deep. I’d been focused on the fear of future possibilities for financial distress.


To feel fear is an obvious lack of peace and true peace comes only from God. My feelings were still running rampant, but I asked for His peaceful presence. I realized His peace resides in me, and it would gradually work its way through my being as I thanked Him.


Part of Jesus’ inheritance to us is a specific part of Himself – peace. He gave us a very particular kind of tranquility, like a rare gold coin. It’s not found in the world. It comes only through Jesus. He left it for us to have as our own. This rare gift supersedes trouble and fear when it’s put to use.


I left my prayer room ready to face the future without fear. I have the full assurance God is always there. Didn’t He tell me He would be with me even to the end of the age? That is all I needed to know to move on. Fear is overcome when I remember that the gift of peace is mine to have forever. Reach for the peace found in Christ not only in your finances but also in your daily life.


Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14: 27 NASB


My Inheritance – Barbara Durnil





Barbara Durnil is a retired medical worker and freelance writer. As a born-again Christian, she has loved and followed God for thirty-three years, teaching and holding leadership positions in the Christian Community. Listening to God and writing His voice is her joy and passion.

Read Barbara’s devotions.
Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!





Used by permission  www.christiandevotions.us


Tomorrow morning's post: Be Still by Gwen Smith


Tomorrow’s post: Hunting the Good Stuff by Penny Hunt


Today’s treasure truth #34  : If you are “born again”, you are bringing every thought into captivity. (2 Cor. 10:5)

Our thought for today: Do you trust Him with your finances? He really does know what is best...He wants to guide you.
 
Sorry that I'm late publishing this, but I neglected to send it before I left this afternoon...


So You Plan to Marry a Man  (Amazon page)

Jean's blog

jowildflowers@gmail.com  

http://twitter.com/jeanoathout

http://facebook.com/jean.oathout   Presently my home page


 

No comments:

Post a Comment