Saturday, October 6, 2012

Do you Believe God is in Every Circumstance?


Google image


Melinda Inman tells us, "All our lives the Lord tests and tries us."

"The van was totaled in heavy traffic. 

A semi sideswiped the entire length of our vehicle, crushing through metal toward me. 

I hunched, cringing as I waited to be smashed; but God spared my life. I’m alive. Now what to do? 

A long line of tragedies preceded this one — the flood and lost house, the entanglement of children with vehicles, the assault of a son by a gang, the eye surgeries, Columbine right across the street. 

The questioning, the hurt, the anger. The lessons learned. Now what?

This is a test.

We live in a fallen world. This is the unfortunate truth: Satan tempted Eve. She ate. Adam ate. The human race fell. 

Now bad things happen to everyone, even Christians. The underlying truth is that God promises to use every circumstance for good in the lives of those who love him. 

Nothing can touch us that He won’t use to make us more like Christ.

Nothing separates us from his love. Nothing.

Will I remember He has hemmed me in and his hand is upon me, I wondered?

 Anything that happens to me is filtered through his fingers, even the need for a vehicle and the lack of money for it. 

This time will I comprehend how to proceed according to his will or will I become angry and chose a path that is unwise or embittered?

Though He spared my life, my heart is still terrified. There is a dark track record and I must trust my Savior.

All our lives the Lord tests and tries us. Sometimes He tests us with success, abundance, and praise — a more difficult test. 

Our hearts need to be purified. We need to rely on him more thoroughly.

Often we don’t understand or see ourselves clearly. It’s hard to believe the Lord orchestrates even this for our good.

 We trust He has our transformation in mind. We only need to walk by faith, not by sight.

How is your latest test going?


photo courtesy of microsoft.com free image gallery
He hemmed me in





"You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me…."  Psalm 139:5 ESV

"Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it." Psalm 139:6 ESV


Every Circumstance – Melinda Inman

photo courtesy of microsoft.com free image gallery


Melinda Viergever Inman is an author and Bible study leader. 

She writes inspirational material, Bible studies, and fiction that illustrate God’s love and care as he draws and heals the wounded. 

After homeschooling her six precocious and energetic offspring for twenty-eight years, she has now turned her attention toward a career as a freelance writer.




Read Melinda’s devotions.





Used by permission by www.christiandevotions.us

Tomorrow’s post: Need Money? Don't Worry  Hope Flinchbaugh
Today’s treasure truth #37: If you are “born again”, you are the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21)
Our thought for today: Listen to what you're hearing down inside and respond.
Are you looking for note cards, bookmarks, and matted arrangements of pressed flowers and fall leaves for gifts? Check my link below to view some of my crafts...

 So You Plan to Marry a Man 


Samples of Jean's crafts
Crafts order blank link 
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout   






No comments:

Post a Comment