Sunday, October 7, 2012

Need Money? Don’t Worry





Hope Flinchbaugh tells us, "I hope this helps you to believe God to meet your needs, even in this broken economy."

"Last month I was teetering between trust and terror, faith and fright, for the tuition it would take to send my two high school daughters to Pathways Tech, Christian Career and Technical Education.  

If you look at tuition today for a Christian School it ranges from $6,000 to $9,500 per year for ONE student.  I have two.

But I was encouraged when I remembered the time four years ago when my daughter Eden begged to go to Christian School of York in 8th grade.  It's hard to explain, but I knew she was to go to CSY in 8th grade. 

I paid a registration fee, but had no tuition money at all when I put her on that big yellow bus and sent her off for her first day of school at CSY. 

 Within DAYS afterward, I was offered a part time job with HigherLife Publishing (work at home) and a treasured family member pitched in and helped us with about 1/7 of the bill as well.

So, how do you believe God for that kind of money?

This time, God spoke to my heart and gave me a scripture--Matthew chapter six.  I read the entire chapter and then prayed through the whole thing. 

 Do you know that not one time did Jesus say, "Have faith."  No, he said, "Don't worry."  

That's it.  Don't worry.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your (needs or your) life . . ."

"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour (of over overtime) to your life?"

"Why do you worry about (school) clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow."

“So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we pack for lunches?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘How shall we pay that bill?'

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. 

Each day has enough trouble of its own."

So that was my game plan and it can be yours, too.  

I was not irresponsible with my income, but I also knew that this need was much more than I could possibly supply.  

The thought would enter my mind, How am I possibly going to pay tuition this year for Eden and Judah?  

Then I'd tell myself, Don't worry.  And I refused to worry.  I actually smiled and said, 'God I won't worry about that.  I trust you.'  

That's it.  I just refused to worry.

So what happened?  First, God directed me to apply for work at Elance.  

I applied in June (just out of obedience to the Lord speaking to my heart to do that one morning, not because I was thinking about tuition back then) and in August, God blessed me with an editing management contract that will cover most our daughters’ tuition!  

Those of you who knew my dad know exactly what he would say:

'JEHOVAH JIREH!  THE LORD PROVIDES!'

I hope this helps you to believe God to meet your needs, even in this broken economy.  

God told us we can't serve both God and money.  It just doesn't work.  We work for God and expect him to take care of us.  

So don't worry about money.  That's the plan--and I'm sticking to it!"

Need Money? Don’t Worry by Lift the Cross of Jesus!  Hope Flinchbaugh

Tomorrow’s post:  Marble Not by Cindy Sproles
Today’s treasure truth #38: If you are “born again”, you are an imitator of Jesus. Eph. 5:1
Our thought for today: We need to see we need God more than the mess you're in.

Samples of Jean's crafts  
Crafts order blank link 

  So You Plan to Marry a Man

No comments:

Post a Comment