Monday, November 12, 2012

All the Days of My Life


"...that I might dwell in the house of the Lord, all the days of my life..." 

Cindy Sproles tells us, "A window seat. I smiled.

It seems my last few trips I was squeezed into the middle seat on the plane. But on this last trip I had a row to myself, so I eased into the window seat and pressed my forehead against the glass.

The grey clouds hovering over Orlando quickly faded and only tiny wisps of puffy white strings marked the sky. How lucky am I? I thought. I took in a deep breath and sighed.

Flattened squares of land lifted into three dimensional shapes of rolling hills. Thank you Father. Thank you for this opportunity.

It had been a long week. The highlight–staying with my youngest son who lives in Orlando. 

The hard part…the hours of radio interviews I’d laid down for the ministry and the endless walking. 

Not to mention driving in Orlando traffic where even Mickey shudders.

My family has been blessed with longevity. My grandmother and an aunt lived into their late nineties and my mom is reaching her mid-eighties. They’ve all enjoyed their days. 

My grandmother was a joyful woman who found humor in practical jokes until the day she passed and my aunt lived her life as she said, 'be pleased with each moment.' 

Really, who could ask for more?

Often I hear folks whine about their lives,complain because they don’t have the latest in trendy clothes or technology.

Few take time to simply enjoy life.

A woman recently commented to a blog post I’d written about Cades Cove. 

'You seem content to be hidden away in the crevices of a mountain. How do you manage such happiness?'

My response: Happiness is a choice.

I’ve prayed for happiness throughout my life. 

God knows, I’ve not always made decisions that warranted the gift, but my Father in heaven is gracious. 

He’s given me good years even in the presence of hardship. I’m content with the blessings of my daily provision.
It’s not always easy to be grateful. Life attacks, money pits open up, and I’m sucked through the vortex into the land of 'how will we manage?' 

But God is faithful.

The hills outside my airplane window soon grew into rolling mountains. Home. God knows my dreams and the desires of my heart and He knows I pray for good years.






Regardless of how many God has assigned me, I live to enjoy all the days of my life.

If it ends tonight, I am content in knowing heaven is next.
You are blessed in your days. Enjoy all the days of your life."

"However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all." Ecclesiastes 11:8

All the Days of My Life – She Said

Read Cindy’s devotions





Eddie Jones and Cindy Sproles are friends and cofounders of ChristianDevotions.us

They cowrite the popular He Said, She Said devotions and host Blog Talk Radio’s Christian Devotions SPEAK UP! along with Scott McCausey. 

Eddie and Cindy travel and speak at conferences across the country and they are available to speak at your church or conference. 

Contact them at cindy@christiandevotions.us.




Do you sense something vital missing from you relationship with your spouse, children, and God? 

Try He Said, She Said: A Devotional Guide to Cultivating a Life of Passion

This compilation of 54 devotions includes scripture verses, space for journaling, individual prayers and words of wisdom from two of today’s funniest and insightful Christian authors.

This heart-warming collection of stories will inspire you to reach for the true source of joy: a life lived for and through God. 

These deeply personal devotions offer biblical insights and spiritual truths from the perspective of one man and one woman.

Used by permission ChristianDevotions.us.

Charles Stanley - "Gratitude keeps us continually aware that the Lord is close by. Even though gratefulness doesn't come naturally in difficult circumstances, a decision to thank God for walking with us through life makes us more sensitive to His comforting presence."

[The above was taken from Charles Stanley's In Touch magazine for November 2012, pg. 9]

 (Father, I pray that those who'll read this post will realize that happiness is a choice. May our attitudes please You, and may we see more of Your activity in our own lives, and be thankful.)

Tomorrow’s post: Easy Doesn't Do It: Prayer Note #89  Dutch Sheets
Today’s treasure truth #33: If you are “born again”, you are casting down vain imaginations.  (2 Cor. 10:4, 5)
Our thought for today: Ever wonder what would happen if you fully committed yourself to Christ?
Samples of Jean's craf    
Crafts order blank link 

So You Plan to Marry a Man  A devotional book for women contemplating marriage and looking for godly advice. 

http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout  my home page












No comments:

Post a Comment