Sunday, November 25, 2012

God Speaks




Photo courtesy of freedigitalphoto.net and Graur Razvan Ionut
God speaks to our hearts



Barbara Duram tells us,"God spoke to my heart. 'Use the obvious.' And I did.

I was asked to prepare a devotion for our choir and though I’d tried numerous times to find an appropriate piece centered around singing, nothing good came to mind. Until…God spoke to my heart.

I opened our hymnal and before me were hundreds of devotionals, all buried within the titles of the hymns.


It was as though God turned the pages and I simply penned.

In Loving Kindness, Jesus Came, For God So Loved the World. On a Silent Night, Holy Night Away in a Manager in Oh Little Town of Bethlehem, Christ was born on Christmas Day. Angels from the Realm of Glory proclaimed His birth While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks.

He lived among us for such a short time but He taught us how to live, how to love and how to serve. He became A Shelter in a Time of Storm and a Gentle Shepherd.

Alas and Did My Savior Bleed on that Old Rugged Cross At Calvary. He Was Wounded for Our Transgressions. Oh, If That Isn’t Love. Low in the Grave He lay, Jesus My Savior and on the third day, that Glorious Morning, Hallelujah, What a Savior for Christ Arose.

He Lives, He Lives, Christ Jesus Lives Today.
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross and see that Jesus Paid It All, I wonder How Can I Say Thanks for All You Have Done For Me.

I Love To Tell The Story of how I Was Sinking Deep in Sin when His Love Lifted Me. Jesus Loves Me Just As I Am and Now I Belong to Jesus. So In My Heart There Rings A Melody of Jesus’ Redeeming Love.

What Wondrous Love Is This. I Will Sing of the Mercies of the Lord Forever because Oh How I Love Jesus. All Hail the Power of Jesus Name.

O Soul, Are You Wearied and Troubled? If so, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus. For there’s Power in the Blood and Victory in Jesus.

It Is No Secret, just Let Jesus Come Into Your Heart. Be Still and Know He is Lord. He’s Still the King of Kings. Give of Your Best to the Master, Only Trust Him, and God Will Take Care of You.

So Come Christians, Join to Sing. Come, Celebrate Jesus. Come Share the Lord and Bless His Holy Name. O Come, Let Us Adore Him. Rejoice, the Lord is King.

Let There Be Glory and Honor and Praises. Everybody Sing Praise to the Lord. Crown Him with Many Crowns for Great is the Lord. O Worship the King and Magnify Him.


Google image added

For Soon and Very Soon, Jesus Is Coming Again and We Shall Behold Him. For Our God Reigns and To God Be The Glory, Forever and Ever…Amen.

He said it all through the song titles…spoke loud and clear. All I had to do was listen. Sing to God all you kingdoms of the earth."

"Sing to God, you kingdoms of the earth, sing praise to the Lord…" Psalm 68:32
God Speaks – Barbara Duramavatar
Photo courtesy of freedigitalphoto.net and Graur Razvan Ionut


 


Barbara Duram is a retired Human Resources Assistant and grandmother. She has served in various women’s fellowship positions at church including circle chairman and retreat chairman. Read Barbara’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!




Used
 by permission www.christiandevotions.us


Ps. 147:11  "The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His mercy."

[Father, may we remember Barbara's admonition to "Come Christians, Join to Sing. Come, Celebrate Jesus." It honors God to voice our praise, even if we can't sing well. He loves our efforts to praise Him, even in the midts of troubles. It shows our faith is in Him.]

 Another post you may wish to check:  What Does God Say? 
Today’s treasure truth #6: If you are “born again”, you are sanctified. 1 Cor. 6:11
Our thought for today: God is as close as your next breath. Just ask Him to speak to you about what concerns you.
Tomorrow’s post: Peaceful Slumber Toni Campbell

Samples of Jean's crafts     
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout  my home page

No comments:

Post a Comment