Saturday, November 3, 2012

No Need to Fear




Robert Farmer tells us, "She desperately wanted to jump into the water and play with all the others, but she was afraid.

Standing on the side of the pool, she was anchored to the concrete by fear.

'It’ll be alright,' I said. 'It’s safe.'

But words of encouragement did not change her mind.

I got into the pool and showed her how harmless the water was. Still, she refused to join the fun.

'See, I’ll catch you.' I held out my arms. Gradually, a faint, unmistakable glow of peace swept over her face that soon blossomed into a confident smile.



Photo courtesy of freedigitalphoto.net Worakit Sirijinda
Swim to open arms

She knew she would be safe. There was no more fear because she trusted her father.

Her faith made her willing to jump into the vast, frightening unknown.

I cannot adequately describe the gratifying feeling I experienced knowing my precious daughter’s faith and trust in me allowed her to jump into the abyss of her fear.

I will treasure this precious moment forever.

But, what if this story had ended differently? How would I have felt had she not trusted me and remained fearful? This moment would have been disappointing and regretful.

Let’s turn the story around. We are the child on the edge of the vast unknown and our Heavenly Father is in front of us, arms open wide, reassuring us He will never forsake us – that He will protect us.

If we smile in the face of the unknown and trust Him, follow Him faithfully, we will honor our Father and give Him a moment of joy and happiness.

But if we remain fearful, we are telling our Father we do not trust Him.

Our example tells the world God is unworthy of our faith. This is a shameful way to treat the One who gave His life for us.

I do not want to waste my life nor do I want to stand before Jesus at the end of a life that dishonored God’s love and faithfulness.

Strive to live for Jesus and not yourself, so in the end, your life will clearly say, “God is my LORD, He is faithful, and I am not afraid!”

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear." Psalm 46: 1-2a NASB

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for Your love and faithfulness. Thank you that I can live without fear. Amen.

No Need to Fear – Robert Farmer


Photo courtesy of freedigitalphoto.net and Worakit Sirijinda


Robert Farmer has served as a minister of music (both choral and instrumental) in churches across the southern United States,

 Okinawa, and Hawaii. After retiring as a conductor of Marine Corps Bands, he served as the orchestra director at Spotswood Baptist Church, Fredericksburg, VA.

He currently lives in Augusta, GA.


Read Robert’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!




Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

   "Hearing God's Word is essential, but doing what He says is the key to weathering the storms of life. It's never too late to start building on the rock. David McCasland


"The wise man builds his house on rock
Instead of sinking sand;
for when the storms of life descend,
That house will surely stand. Sper

When the world around you is crumbling,
God is the Rock on which you can stand."
Our Daily Bread
Oct. 14,2012

Tomorrow’s post:   The Price of Freedom  Edie Melson
Today’s treasure truth #24: If you are “born again”, you are healed by His stripes. 1 Peter 2:24
Our thought for today: You're being "wired up" with solutions in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment