Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Talking to the Wall: Prayer Note #109


The Berlin Wall

Dutch Sheets tells us, “Several years ago the Lord sent Dick Eastman, president of Every Home for Christ, to Berlin. 

How would you like to get this assignment from God? 


The Berlin Wall was still up, and Dick felt the Holy Spirit prompting him with these instructions: 


'I want you to get on an airplane, fly to Germany, go to the Berlin Wall, lay your hands upon it and say five words to it: “In Jesus’ name, come down!' 


That was it – end of assignment! Five words and he could go home.”


   How would you like to go to your spouse and say, ‘Uh, honey the Lord has told me to do something.’

‘Yes, what is it?
‘Well, He wants me to go to Germany.’
‘Okay, what are you going to do over there?’
‘Go to the Berlin Wall.’
‘Oh? What are you going to do at the Wall?’
‘I’m going to put my hands on it and say, ‘In Jesus’ name, come down!’ and then I’m going to come home.’

   Wouldn't that make for an interesting discussion?

   That’s exactly what Dick did because he understood the power of prophetic action and declaration. 


    Dick would never claim to be the only person used by God to bring down the Berlin Wall. 


    However, shortly thereafter the Wall was torn down.”


Today’s Prayer Note #109Talking to the Wall, taken from Dutch Sheets’ book, Intercessory Prayer (pg 228)

The next Prayer Note:  A Vision for the Youth: Prayer Note # 110


John 15:16 "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."


My prayer today:  Father, may I learn to obey what You tell me to do. I really want to please You each day in my thinking, speaking, and actions. Amen


Today’s quote:  Oswald Chambers - The saint is hilarious when he is crushed with difficulties because the thing is so ludicrously impossible to anyone but God. [Aug. 2, pg, 444 of his Devotions for MORNING and EVENING with Oswald Chambers]

Our thought for today:  Be willing to do what's right.

Tomorrow’s post:  Like the Redwood  Carol Guthrie Heilman

A popular post:   Who Can Pass Up Chocolate? 



No comments:

Post a Comment