Friday, May 3, 2013

Three Times Blessed



Cheri Swalwell shares with us, "Our family is among those who have felt the sting of finances in recent months. 

We were in a pinch and I wasn’t sure how we’d handle the expenses we were facing. 

Dipping into our savings account would have to be a last resort, and charging the costs to our credit card … a big no-no.

My option was prayer, so I went to my knees and prayed. 

God, I trust in your provisions. Thank you for never failing us. 

Still, I wondered how we would handle the expenses that quickly approached.

Two days later, we received our first unexpected blessing. 

Two days after that, another blessing arrived in the exact same form, addressing the same need. 

If that wasn’t enough to help my faith soar, God decided to drive the point home by providing again one week later. 

Three blessings, all needed, all appreciated, each personal and exactly what our family lacked. 

That was not a coincidence.


God, with unending patience, reassures us in His Word He will provide our needs.

My favorite verse refers to this promise and it brings such peace whenever finances or the state of the economy try to steal the faith I have in my Heavenly Father’s provisions:  

"Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear."

I challenge you to rest in God’s peace. 

Take your financial burden to Him. Lay it at Jesus’ feet. 

If God is willing to bless our family three separate times for one specific need, reassuring us of His power, I know He is waiting to do the same for you.

Be specific in your requests when you pray. Trust in the promises God offers, then sit back and watch how He will provide."
  
Three Times Blessed – Cheri Swalwell

April 9, 2013


"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matthew 6: 25-27 NIV

Photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net and Grant Cochrane.

Cheri Swalwell describes herself as a Christ-follower first and foremost, wife, mother, and avid reader. 

If you want to hear more about the heart she has for marriage, parenting, and relationships from a Christian perspective, feel free to visit her blog: http://journeysfromtheheartofawifeandmother.wordpress.com or like her at Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/cheri-Swalwell/220762911373306.

Read Cheri’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!


Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us



Let's pray:  Father, I come to You today, asking for more faith to believe that when I pray, You not only hear my cry, but You are already planning on bringing the resources I'm in need of. In Jesus' name, amen.

Our prayer challenge: If Satan can take NY, the rest of our nation will fall! If we stand up to him and pray for God to bring a revival, the rest of the nation will follow!

Today’s Scripture:  Ps. 23: 1-3 "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His  name's sake."

Today’s quote: Mark Evens - God knows that you are in a battle, and His plan is for you to win! A stronghold is a fortress created in your spirit that cannot be penetrated by physical weapons. God wants those fortresses brought down so that His Spirit can work in power. 

Strongholds begin with thoughts and imaginations. The progression described is that our thoughts left unchecked grow into imaginations
which turn into strongholds in our lives.

Our thought today: We miss seeing our blessings by our ungratefulness.

Tomorrow’s post: #6 Of the Church Dr. R. A. Torrey

A Popular post:
The Necessities of Life

[Google images added]




So You Plan to Marry a Man  ( New title is to be: GRAMMA'S GUIDE to MARRIAGE in VERSE)

A devotional book for women
contemplating marriage and
looking for godly advice.

Samples of Jean's crafts     
Crafts order blank link
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout  

No comments:

Post a Comment