Tuesday, June 18, 2013

#1 The Power of Personal Prayer Partners


C. Peter Wagner tells us "The reason I am writing this book, (PRAYER SHIELD ), is that I am personally convinced the following statement is true:

The most underutilized source of spiritual power in our churches today is intercession for Christian leaders.

I purposely did not say 'one of the most underutilized sources of power' because I do not think anything else this important is actually so neglected.

We do not do it, and we usually do no even talk about it.

I do no mean to imply that intercession for our leaders is the only source of spiritual power in churches.


No. The proclamation of the Word, prayer, worship, praise, healing, confession, fasting, the sacraments, spiritual gifts and many other significant sources of spiritual power are currently being used in churches.

True, many of them are not being used as well or as frequently as we might like, but they are there and we recognize them.

Not so with intercession for our leaders.

I will show you what a difference it can make. (In the following posts).



Today’s post -#1 The Power of Personal Prayer Partners. It is first in a series I'm making from C. Peter Wagner's book, PRAYER SHIELD, How to intercede for pastors, Christian leaders and others on the spiritual frontlines.  [pgs,19, 20] By Regal Books

The next post is to be 6/20, #2 How God's Power Is Released

Let’s pray:  Father, I want to please You, and also cause my leaders to have Your Power in their preaching, teaching, and etc. Help me become faithful, to pray daily for them! May I go to church with expectancy, to see what You will do when we do pray!
May my worship be genuine, as I pray for the services. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Today’s Bible verse:
  2 Kings 18:7 "And the LORD was with him; and he prospered withersoever he went forth..." 

[May this be true of my leaders!]

Prayer for my leaders: Lord, give my pastor(s) wisdom to prioritize the tasks of each day. Guard my pastor(s) against the tyranny of the urgent, and help him/her discern what is most important. Ps. 90:12; 2 Cor. 11:14; 1 John. 4:1


Today's quote: Michael Brooks - "The answer to your problem will never by money, job, or therapy. You need the one step solution, you need Jesus. He and only He is the answer to all of your problems and all of your unhappiness. I can't fix you, _________can't fix you, but Jesus can."

Our thought today:  When we are moved with compassion, we're to do something!


Tomorrow’s post:  Has the Spark Gone Out of Your Marriage?  Jill Savage

A popular post:
Treasure Book



 








No comments:

Post a Comment