Monday, July 15, 2013

Have You Known Rejection?



Jean Oathout shares some experiences with us today of rejection, and their effects on her.

When I was young I was violated, leaving me afraid to be around boys and men.

It wasn't until I was 39, when I heard Bob Larson talking with a woman on the radio about her abuse, that I realized why I was the way I was.

After he prayed with the woman, I prayed for my own abuser, forgiving him for what he'd done to me.

That released me of a great deal of rejection and awkwardness towards men. I was married, so it helped with my relationship too.

One time when I attended Grace Covenant Church in Ravena, NY, a visiting prophet, Steve Fedele, was ministering on rejection that day.


He explained that we needed to recognize what the "root" of our rejection was so it could be dealt with. 


As I was walking forward for prayer by the prophet, I sensed that God showed me what my root was. It was my daddy's death. When I was about 6, my daddy had died of kidney failure, as there was no help for him some 70 years ago. 


I wept bitterly at the altar over his "leaving me".


As I recognized this root to my rejection, and its effect it had had on my life, I was prayed for and then gave it to the Lord and was set free!


It changed my life drastically, as I could see I wasn't "always" rejected by everyone, nor would be a failure in everything I attempted to do.


I began to learn that God's love was sufficient to erase my feelings of rejection, and to replace them with truths from His Word.


Some good Scriptures that can help:
Rom. 5:1, 8:1-2; Col. 3:3; Phil. 1:6; Rom. 8: 31-34

He revealed to me who I was in Christ!


I actually had a "new lease on life", I believe.


[Google image added]

Let’s pray:
Father, there are those of us who admit to harboring some thoughts of rejection. Please help us find Your healing in Your Word today. May we listen to Your love that comes to us for our comfort, and help us let go of any and all hurts of the past. Help us to quickly release any attempts of future rejections that come our way. May we keep our hearts pure. In Jesus' name, Amen.


Today’s Bible verse: Jer. 33:6 (NKJV) "Behold, I will bring it (you) health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth."



Today’s quote:  Our Daily Bread  - “Instead of living in the shadows of yesterday, walk in the light of today and the hope of tomorrow.”  7/1/13 

Our Thought today: Because of the power of  our enemy in the reality of death, Jesus' resurrection is so amazing! His disciples had no conception that Jesus was alive...but He was! He is alive in His believers today too!


Tomorrow’s post:  #9  Paul's Desire for Prayer Partners  C. Peter Wagner


In invite you to check out My book:


Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse Kindle $3.99
Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse My book in paperback $7.95

Wisdom for Brides (Christian 
Marriage, Counseling, & Hel
p)


A popular post: Recall Notice  God offers not just a free repair of the human heart but a replacement of it 


Absolutely beautiful!
God saw it fit to create such
a beautiful bird for us.
Amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment