Sunday, July 14, 2013

This Path is for Me


David Roper  shares with us in his book, Psalm 23, The Song  of a Passionate Heart" a poem by J. R. Miller:

"He chose his path for me,

Though well he knew that thorns would pierce my feet,
Knew how the brambles would obstruct the way,
Knew all the hidden dangers I would meet,
Knew how my faith would falter day by day;
And still my whisper echoes, "Yes I see
This path is best for me."

He chose this path for me;

Why need I more: this better truth to know,
That all along these strange bewildering ways,
O'er rocky steeps where dark rivers flow,
His mighty arm will bear me all my days
A few steps more, and I shall see
This path is best for me."

"What God said to Moses is true for all times: "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest: Ex. 33:14.


He said to Jacob:  "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go" Gen. 28:15.


He said to Joshua: "As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you" Joshua 1:5


He said to Israel: "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you' I will uphold you with my righteous right hand....When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;  and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze"  Is. 41:10; 43:2.


He ways to us: "Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age" Matt. 28:20.


David continues his book with, "Friends fail us, spouses walk out on us, parents disappoint us, therapists refuse to return our calls, but God is with us every moment of every day.


When we ford the deep waters, when we pass through the fire, when we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, He is there.


Richard Foster says, 'God becomes a reality, when he becomes a necessity. ..The father who abandons us, the spouse who leaves us, the financial catastrophe that ruins us, the rude interruption of our plans, the revelation of a horrifying illness, the painful, prolonged delay - all escalate our love for God.'


David goes on to say, "We're inclined to fix on the valley and its pain, but God chooses to look forward and anticipate its effect.


"God's work is never done: 'Thus always - the rod, the stripes, the chastisements; but amid all, the love of God, carrying out his redemptive purpose, never hasting, never resting, never forgetting, but making all things work together until the evil is eliminated and the soul is purified" F. B. Meyer

[The above message was taken from Dave Roper's book, Psalm 23, with excerpts from pgs. 106 -111


Let’s pray: Father, it's true, we need to look to You throughout our trials and troubles, to understand what it is You'd like to accomplish. May we be determined to learn from each of them, so as to allow our character to change, and become more like Christ. In His name we pray, Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Is. 40:10 "Behold, the LORD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him."

Today’s quote:  Fitzhugh - ‘The heart of man is stained by sin, from Adam’s fall this has been true; Yet God in Christ can make a change – through faith in Him we are made new. – “For a new start, ask God for a new heart.” Our Daily Bread 8/31/12

Our thought today:
There’s no more lonely a place than when you feel completely alone. When we are alone in a trial, there is loneliness. No one thinks about your problem as you do, except Jesus! Has God brought you to a place of great need? Be honest, and go to Him for His guidance. It will be to His glory and pleasure to show up with answers and provision. There will be testimony of grace. God is able!

Tomorrow’s post:  Have You Known Rejection?  Jean Oathout


A popular post:    Trail Markers   God has called us to track Him 






Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal Wisdom for Women

(Daily Devotional for Women)


Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 

My book in paperback $7.16
Wisdom for Brides (Christian Marriage, 
Counseling, & Help) 
Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout

No comments:

Post a Comment