Monday, July 22, 2013

Sweet Desperation

Susan L. Condrey


"Of all the gifts
I know our loving Father brings
The answered prayers,
Protection from all things unseen,
The peace within your heart,
The small, simplistic things.


That cry from deep within your soul
Will bring the greatest joy of all.
He hears the anguish in your call.
The sweetest gift
There is of all
Is desperation.

When there is no place else to run
But to His grace,
To fall upon your knees
And seek His gentle face ...

There is no fear He does not know
No wound He cannot bind
And so
The sweetest gift of all I know
Is desperation.

Sweet desperation
Brings you to your Father's throne.
Surrender all
And be assured you're not alone.
In your darkest times of need
His light illuminates all things.

Come to Him broken and be healed
With His shed blood you have been sealed.
Find comfort in His love so real
And know ...
The sweetest gift of all
Is desperation."

--Submitted by About.com member, Susan L. Condrey.


[Google images added to post]

Let’s pray: Father, I don't want to complain, and hopefully, I won't, but I need some help to deal with my present situation. I ask that You guide my thoughts, prayers, and decisions, as I want to bring You honor in all that I do. If I'm to spend more time in prayer, please impress this upon my spirit, and enable me to seek Your will and plan for my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Hosea 6:1 "Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us: he hath smitten, and he will bind us up."


Our quote today: Oswald Chambers - “If through a broken heart God can bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart.”[Nov. 1, pg. 632, of his Devotions for MORNING and EVENING with Oswald Chambers]


Another good quote:  Merlin Crothers – “Solutions! That is what God will give us. Why does He do this? Because He wants to! He wants us to find happiness in even the mistakes we have made! He is the only power in the universe that can heal our heartaches and make everything work for our good.”

Our thought today: We need to deal with our issues so we can 

go on and be anointed. Andrew Eastmond

Another good thought: If Christ reigns in your life, there will be an abundance of grace available to you! Rom.5:17


Tomorrow’s post: #11 Intercession is Spiritual Warfare C. Peter Wagner

A popular post: The Hidden Door of Temptation

No matter what the temptation, we're all vulnerable.  





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdZ7RdF07Eo
GOD will take care of you

No comments:

Post a Comment