Tuesday, October 8, 2013

#25 Personal and Warfare Intercession



C. Peter Wagner tells us, "Some intercessors receive a special calling to pray on a regular and intense basis for a specific person or persons.

Usually these are pastors and other Christian leaders.

This whole book, (PRAYER SHIELD - from $1.86 + postage), is an in-depth examination of this ministry.

Biblically, as I have mentioned previously, I believe Euodia and Syntyche of the Philipian church are two examples of Paul's personal intercessors
(see Phil. 4:2, 3).

Some intercessors are called especially to engage the enemy in high-level spiritual warfare.


This is an advance kind of intercession and by far the most demanding and potentially dangerous of them all.

Since many crisis intercessors and personal intercessors find themselves in direct conflict with the forces of darkness from time to time, some may argue against making a separate category for warfare intercession.

But I believe there is value in recognizing that some
intercessors do this on a much more regular basis than most.


Two excellent sources for more information on strategic-level intercession are Cindy Jacobs' book, Possessing the Gates of the Enemy (Chosen Books), and my book, Warfare Prayer (Regal Books. It's only $.o1 + postage!)



Today’s post -#25 Personal and Warfare Intercession, in the series taken from C. Peter Wagner’s book, PRAYER SHIELD, How to intercede for pastors, Christian leaders and others on the spiritual frontlines. (pp. 55, 56) By Regal Books

The next post 10/10 - #26  Discovering Your Gift of Intercession



Let’s pray: 

     Father, it's time we see what You want us to accomplish in our praying. May we understand how to intercede for others, so as to support them in their needs. There'll come times when we'll also need their support. Help us be willing to pray, knowing You hear us, and You'll answer in ways that will surprise us. In Jesus' Name we ask this. Amen

Today’s Bible verse: 


       John 13:34, 35 KJV "A new commandment I give unto 
       you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that 
       ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that 
       ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." [This 
       is fulfilling the 6 original commandments in the Law, 
       where our treating others in involved.]

Today’s quote: 


~ Eddie Jones – “I pray a lot on airplanes. Not because I’m afraid of crashing, but because I enjoy listing God’s promises in my prayer journal, pouring out my heart, and claiming His provision and protection. On the ground, I’m too busy to give God more than twenty minutes a day. In the air, He gets hours."

Some thoughts today


~ When I put myself under law, it is only to maintain a new habit. The Law of God is to protect me. Check out how Jesus looks at what's important. (Matthew 11:28-30)

~ Do you want to be like others? Be careful who it is that's leading you. Make sure it's God.

~ Go to God for help and deliverance. He prospers those who turn to Him, and repent when needed.

Thursday’s post: 
#26 Discovering Your Gift of Intercession    C. Peter Wagner

A popular post: God's Plan for Our Sin "The Cross is the center of Time and of Eternity, the answer to the enigmas of both."



 [Google images added]






Granny’s Guide to Marriage inVerse  my book for women contemplating marriage.

An endorsement of my book:

"Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse is the perfect engagement or personal wedding treasure for a bride. Jean Oathout shares through sweet and tender poems the deep truths of married life. I felt like I was listening to a fairy godmother whispering poetic words of wisdom to the Princes bride. A precious book a bride will return to throughout married life and one day pass down to her children."

Elaine W. Miller, Speaker and Author of three books including, We all Married Idiots: Three Things You'll Never Change About Your Life and Ten things You can." 

 {Elaine's book is becoming a very popular seller! Many lives and marriages are being transformed because of it! I highly recommend your checking into it.}

1 comment: