Thursday, February 13, 2014

#62 I-3 Intercessors

C. Peter Wagner tells us, "I-3 
intercessors can be quite remote 
from the pastor or leader they pray for.

Most I-3 intercession is a one-way relationship. The leader often does not know who the I-3 intercessor is or that he or she is praying for them and their ministry.

I think of Billy Graham, for example.

Many intercessors have prayed faithfully for Billy Graham and his ministry for years without ever having so much as seen the evangelist in person.

However, Billy Graham will be the first to tell you that such intercessors have made all the difference in the world in the effectiveness of his evangelistic ministry.

Of course, a certain amount of visibility beyond the local parish is needed in order to attract these kind of I-3 intercessors. Campus Crusade's Bill Bright says, "I would assume that there are hundreds, if not thousands, who pray for me daily from grade school through senior citizens."

If it were not for such intercessors, Bright says, "I am sure I would have been dead long ago from physical exhaustion and would have been totally incapable of doing all that God has enabled me to do."

A memorable experience occurred one day when I was standing in crowded lobby of the Osaka Hilton Hotel in Japan.

A perfect stranger, a Caucasian, walked up to me and said, "Are you Peter Wagner?" When I told him I was, he shared that he had prayed for me every morning for the past six years, and was pleased to finally meet me in person. 

I thanked him, took his name, and wrote him a letter, but I never received a reply. I have no idea where he came from or where he went. He seems like a modern Melchizedek!"

(Peter continues with his having his friend, Southern Baptist Pastor Thom Rainer, share with him in a letter, "By the way, my youngest son (two-and-a-half-year-old Jess concludes all of his prayers as follows: '...and thank you God for Peter Wagner, in Jesus' name, Amen". This is Wagner's favorite.)


Today’s post -#62  I-3 Intercessors, 
in the  series taken from C. Peter 
Wagner’s book, PRAYER SHIELD
How to intercede for pastors, Christian 
leaders and others on the spiritual 
frontlines.(pgs. 123-125) By Regal Books

Let’s pray:

   Father, it is because we have a heart to pray for our leaders, that we ask for Your help to pray faithfully for them.

   May I be committed as little Jess is, to pray for those we're concerned for, that You bless them in whatever way they have a need.

   In my praying, I ask that You reveal the importance of my prayers. Help me to regularly ask for Your blessings on those who are in leadership.

   I ask this in Jesus' Name, for Your glory. Amen

Prayer for pastors:  “Pray that your pastor will use wise time management and that he will seek God’s perspective for his schedule, guarding his time  against unnecessary interruptions.”  Eph. 5:15-16; Col. 4:5; Ps. 90:12; John 9:4   www.LifeAction.org

Today’s Bible verse: 2 Kings 18:7a "And the LORD was with him; and he prospered withersoever he went forth."

Today’s quotes: Joyce Meyers - "God is going to tear down the walls that keep people from one another."

T. D. Jakes - "God wants to engage you in the process of supplying your need. You'll not find what you need in your element. Increase your vision."

Some thoughts today: Adam walked in communion with God in the garden. We still have the tendency to desire God's fellowship. God's plan was to provide a Savior for us, so we could have that communion re-established. Thankfully, Jesus was obedient, and suffered for us on the horrific Cross, to make a way back to the Father!

13th- Thursday’s post:  #63  I-2 Intercessors  C. Peter Wagner

15th- Saturday's post: The Present/Listening Dogs  C. Peter Wagner

16th- Sunday's post:  Mournful to Hopeful  Max Lucado

    Sunday evening's post:  The Purpose of Pain  Dr. Charles Stanley


An interesting post by Cindi McMenamin 3 Steps to Resuscitate
the Romance in Your Marriage " If you're frustrated with your
husband or just want to draw his heart closer to yours, I have
a strategy that I've seen work over and over again: Focus on
what you can do for him, rather than the other way around."



There's much power released, when men pray!

(Google images added)

jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Wisdom for Brides (Christian Marriage, Counseling,
& Help) (Volume 1)




Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 A review would be appreciated.

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $9.45




No comments:

Post a Comment