Tuesday, February 11, 2014

#61 Personal Intercessors

C. Peter Wagner tells us, ""God uses crisis intercessors as we saw with D. L. Moody and teams of intercessors as with Gary Greenwald.

He also uses personal intercessors, those who make a commitment to pray over an extended period of time for a particular pastor or other Christian leader.

As I have studied the phenomenon of personal intercession for several years in the role of a participant observer, I have found it useful to separate personal intercessors into three approximate categories.

I like to think of personal intercession as operating in three concentric circles around the leader.
  • The inner circle. Here we picture the pastor along with what I will call I-1 intercessors.
  • The middle circle. This contains I-2 intercessors.
  • The outer circle. This contains I-3 intercessors.
Think of the I-1 intercessors as having a close relationship to the pastor, the I-2 intercessors as having a casual relationship, and I-3 intercessors as having a remote relationship to the pastor.

I will describe them from the outside in."

(My following blog posts will continue to cover the material C. Peter Wagner shares in his book, PRAYER SHIELD).

Today’s post -
#61  Personal Intercessors, in the 
series taken  from C. Peter Wagner’s 
book, PRAYER SHIELDHow to intercede 
for pastors, Christian leaders and others 
on the spiritual frontlines.(pg. 122) by Regal Books 

Let’s pray:


   Father, may we be willing to be prayer warriors for our pastors, whether we find ourselves in the inner circle, middle circle, or outer circle of his friendships.

   Help me to see and move in the circle I am in, so that my prayers are effective for my leaders.

   Cause me to be faithful to pray for my leaders, and may I sense their needs as I pray for them. I ask for Your help, in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer
 for your pastor: Preaching. “Anoint my pastor with the truth. As _________preaches, may he/she proclaim Jesus Christ in the energy of the Holy Spirit. Let people be cut to the heart and accept Christ. Confirm __________’s message with signs and wonders. Heal the sick, and set the oppressed free  Matt. 16:17; Col. 1:28; Acts 2:37; Mk. 16:20.   Terry Teykl  Tyndale Publishing - Scripture-Based Prayer card.

Today’s Bible verse:  Ps. 21:13 "Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power."

Today’s quote: Lynn Karisen – “I find joy in each new experience I encounter. Some of the best experiences are when the Creator reveals a bit more of Himself to me through life experiences or simple truths discovered in my quiet time. Although learning a new hobby, theory can be fulfilling, I find treasure in each new glimpse of who He is.”

Some thoughts today: Christ gives His Spirit of wisdom and revelation to those who open their hearts and lives to Him for Salvation.

We’ll have to deal with authority, as we will walk in authority someday.

We’re as close to God as we want to be. Our words reveal who we are, and what our relationship to Him is.

13th- Thursday’s post:  #62  I-3 Intercession  C. Peter Wagner

15th Saturday's post:  The Present/Listening Dogs  Julie Ackerman Link

16th- Sunday's post:  Mournful to Hopeful  Max Lucado

    Sunday evening's post:  The Purpose of Pain  Dr. Charles Stanley

A helpful post:  INTERCESSORY PRAYERS, by Dutch Sheets. 
Check out the 128 links, to find helpful posts for your 
prayer ministry.

Listen to God's Word! You
won't go wrong, my friend.

jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Wisdom for Brides (Christian Marriage, Counseling,
& Help) (Volume 1)

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99  (Use this link to leave a review)

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.(5

No comments:

Post a Comment