Tuesday, February 18, 2014

#63 I-2 Intercessors


C. Peter Wagner shares more from his book, PRAYER SHIELD:

Typical I-2 intercessors will have a regular, but somewhat casual, contact with the pastor or leader they pray for.

Pastor's I-2 intercessors will see them in the pulpit every Sunday and shake hands when they go out the church door after the service.

They may cross paths from time to time in other church-related events. But for many, this is about the extent of the personal contact.

One of the things I am suggesting in this book is that pastors take steps to cultivate contacts with I-2 intercessors.

Most pastors I know experience from time to time a certain person in line of those leaving the church service gives them an especially warm handshake and says, "Pastor, I pray for you every day!"

We often take that as a formality and do not pay any more attention to it than we do the statement, "I enjoyed the sermon."

But in many cases there might be more to it than simply a formality. At least it is a pathway worth following because it might lead to discovering a personal intercessor truly anointed by God for supporting us in prayer.

A well-developed team of I-2 intercessors enjoys a two-way contact with the pastor. It is therefore essential to know who the I-2 intercessors are.

The main principle as I see it is to maintain a reasonably high level of commitment among I-2 intercessors, and that comes through a certain amount of intentional personal contact, as I will detail later on.

Some time on our schedules needs to be set aside for this contact. How much time is reasonable and appropriate is a question that must be answered in each individual case."


Today’s post -#63  I-2 Intercessors, in 
the series  taken from C. Peter Wagner’s 
book, PRAYER SHIELDHow to 
intercede for pastors, Christian leaders 
and others on the spiritual frontlines.
(pgs. 125-126) by Regal Books


Let’s pray with 
Gwen Smith: 

   “Dear God, like Moses, I often feel unequipped to handle the assignments You have given me. 

   You know exactly what overwhelming waters I face today. As I stand at the water’s edge, I commit to trusting Your strength. 

   I will not give in to the fears, frustrations, and doubts that mock me. You are far more powerful than the circumstances of my life. 

   Thank you for reminding me that nothing is too difficult for you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”  

Today’s Bible verse: Jer. 30:21b "I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who is this that engaged his heart to approach unto me? saith the LORD."

Today’s quotes: Corrie Ten Boom - "Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible."  

Dave Branon - "Before God, our pastor is responsible for guiding us spiritually. We should want that burden to be joyous, not grievous. The passage (Heb. 13:17-19) indicates that causing grief for the pastor "would be of no benefit" v 17 NIV.

We honor God and make things better for our church when we give honor to those He has appointed as our leaders."

Some
thoughts today: God wants to show us His character through the Bible characters who were chosen to be in Jesus' linage. He took the unlovely, and made them become special people, in positions that honored them and served His Divine purposes.

- We too, can choose to have hope, a future, God's peace, and Love like no other. In God's compassion, He'll remember you and provide for you.

- God covers our sin with His Love. We call it Grace.

20th- Thursday’s post:  #64  The Gift of Intercession  C. Peter Wagner

22nd- Saturday's post:  Are We Failing?  Tammie Johnson

23rd- Sunday's post:  God's Armor  Dr. Charles Stanley

   Sunday evening's post:  What Happens When We Say "Yes" to God?  Jean Oathout  (My impressions on a ladies retreat I attended)


A popular post:  The Measurable Power: Prayer Note #92  Dutch Sheets, in his book,Intercessory Prayer, tells us, “It is important to realize that his [God's] power is measurable. There are cumulative amounts of it."

Magnificent! 
(Google images added)

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Wisdom for Brides (Christian Marriage, Counseling,
& Help) (Volume 1)
  


Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99  Use this link for a review.

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $9.45


No comments:

Post a Comment