Sunday, March 23, 2014

Things That Make Me Happy

Jean Oathout has some 
thoughts for us to consider:

It does seem, that when we obey the Lord's promptings, He brings other blessings we need, too.

The following are a few things I'm thankful for, that make me happy:

#1 Recently, a friend mentioned her new cleaning schedule, and as I was interested, I inquired what it was.

She had been advised to plan a certain chore for each day in the week, thus dividing it up into easier, more manageable ways to keep her house clean and neat.

My dad died when I was six, so my mother had to work five days a week. I learned from her to clean when company was expected. Otherwise, things just mounted until time was made to do something about it.

I find that that habit has been a burdensome way for me to follow.

I've begun delegating a main chore for most days, and what a difference it has made! I think the Lord has used it to free me up in other ways.

Now, for example, I look forward to different challenges in getting projects clean instead of dreading them. I'm sensing a joy, but can't explain it. I'm thankful to be able to enjoy my home more.

I'm also finding a willingness to pitch things I now find I'm tired of saving, and don't see a need of. When I look for something in particular, I take time to clean as I go, (I actually discovered some money in a drawer which I'd forgotten about. It will come in handy for a dentist bill coming up!)

I notice drawers that I haven't investigated for probably years, that I have no idea their contents...more projects that will be waiting

I'm finding that every week doesn't turn out the same, (as life changes), and I do what I can to adjust the cleaning schedule. A friend told me of a 15-minute idea for cleaning. Set the timer, and tackle a project for that amount of time!

#2 Another new habit I have is sitting quietly before the Lord early in the day. It causes me to become more sensitive to His presence, and more willing to wait on His leading in my prayer time.

(I found a station on Pandora which I listen to, "Hymns 4 
Worship Radio"that helps me concentrate on the Lord. I 
especially enjoy this music as it has music that I am familiar 
with.)

#3 I've begun to walk in the freedom from eating things that I know aren't good for my health. When I ask the Lord for help, I see it really does make a difference! When I'm tempted, I find that I can resist things, and simply walk away. 

The book I've been reading: Lysa Terkeurst, MADE TO CRAVESATISFYING YOUR DEEPEST DESIRE WITH GOD, NOT FOOD, is a great book. 

What I've read so far has helped me to recognize the thoughts that have tripped me up so many times, like "This a special time", and "Everyone else is doing it". I have to stop and remember why I'm not eating such things, and what my goals are.



I'm trying to choose foods 
that are better for my health.




#4 Other activities that tend to make me happy are; serving on our church's worship team and 
the First Impressions Team, attending a writers 
by-weekly group, and a weekly ladies home 
group, and receiving counsel on my finances.

#5 Recently, I helped welcome my new granddaughter, Savanah. She is in Catskill, NY with her mommy and daddy,(my youngest son, John). 

That  was a joy to me, and 
hopefully, help to them. 
John and I traded places each 
day, so he could go to the 
hospital after work, and be 
with Leah and Savanah. 

#6 The thing that makes me the most happy is 
my relationship to God, through Christ Jesus. Life 
is well worth living with His guidance, blessing, 
provision, protection, companionship, and presence.

#7 I'm thankful for this blog, Treasures in Christ, for in the challenges I receive through the various authors' messages I share, there will be more changes for me; and with changes, there will come new freedoms to walk in.


#8 The following is a very important admonition from a friend, and I highly recommend we follow it:


A Different Kind of Diet

by Frances Gregory Pasch

"I recently discovered
A different kind of diet.
I hope that when you read about it
You will want to try it.

It nourishes your spirit,
Gives your face a special glow;
It reaches deep into your soul
So peace and joy will grow.

Just set aside ten minutes
On your calendar each day,
 For time along with Jesus
To worship Him and pray.

Cast all your cares upon him;
He'll lighten up your load.
With Him in charge of all you do
 You'll walk a smoother road.

Soon you'll find you crave more time
 Instead of wanting less.
A daily diet of God's Word
Is guaranteed to bless."

Double Vision: Seeing God in Everyday Life through 
Devotions and Poetry by Frances Gregory Pasch published 
by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas.
Used by permission

Let’s pray:

   Father, The information given today may be challenging to us, but as we're on the road to progressive improvements, may we be honest to admit our need for You to help us.

   Whether it is chores, eating habits, or making a regular diet of Your Word, help us respond in such a way that our lives are blessed.

   Help me crave more of You in every part of my life, so I can please You, and be more productive in my Christian walk.

   In Christ's Name I pray. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: 1 Sam. 12:24 "Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart; for consider how great things he hath done for you."

Today’s quote: Jennifer Benson Schuldt “Many of us suffer from the pain of abandonment, rejection, and betrayal. Despite all of this, through Christ we can understand the sacrificial, compassionate, and enduring nature of true love. Today, remember that you are loved by God. Jesus said so with His life.”

Some thoughts today: Allow God to control your desires. He is well able! Surrender them, and trust in His ability to help you.

- Christ makes us alive, and can deliver us from all hurts and sin. Ask Him to heal you! He is Faithful! 

- Repent, and make it right, my friend. Allow Him to cleanse you, and give you New Life and a hope for your future!

25th- Tuesday’s post:  #69  Aarons and Hurs  C. Peter Wagner

27th- Thursday's post:  #70  Recruiting Prayer Partners  C. Peter Wagner

29th- Saturday's post:  Releasing Secrets, Restoring Hope  Gwen Smith

30th- Sunday's post: The Little Tent  Dave McCasland


A popular post:  Sharpened Friends   Martin Wiles tells us, "True friends hold one another accountable."

Such beauty is on its way again! Have faith! 
Your Father loves you, my friend, 
for He created things like this to tell you so!
Can you imagine the smell already?


AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Granny's Guide to Marriage in 
Verse  Kindle $1.99 

Granny's Guide to Marriage i
Verse My book in paperback $7.95 

Wisdom for Brides (Christian 
Marriage, Counseling, & Help) 

No comments:

Post a Comment